Music Society Celebration Cake

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 12:07pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:55am
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a cake for a 25th anniversary gala event for a chamber music society. They would like me to use the rosette design (iambaker) and incorporate their logo. I came up with the idea to do a square three tier - with the rosettes on the top and bottom tiers and the middle tier fondant. These would all be white. On the middle tier I would use a black ribbon around the centre and put the logo in the centre of the fondant tier. I was also planning on using a '25' (silver Wilton) for the topper.

Yesterday I received the logo and it looks like a silver foil award seal with a big '25' in the centre. My dilemma is now this: what should I do for a topper? I'm wondering if I should add an anemone or a rose or a bow? I feel that the rosette design is very simple and modern so I don't want anything to compete with it. Maybe it wouldn't need a topper?

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

6 replies
 Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 7

I think an anemone would look nice.

cherrycakes Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for your response sugar_n_spice! I'll think about that a bit more. I'd still like to see if I could bring in the silver and black a bit more into a topper as the logo will also be silver and black. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

Kareie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kareie Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 7

What about doing a musical note on the top? A pair of quarter notes or a treble cleft? It's something musical that wouldn't over shadow the logo.

cherrycakes Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your suggestions, Kareie. In a different setting I think a treble clef would be perfect but for this function I'm thinking a bit more glamourous. How would some cake jewelry look? I'm kind of leaning towards wires with crystals hanging from them - would that be too much for this design? (Yes, I am obsessing about this but it needs to be perfect!)

Oh, I also just saw Sugarshack's ad for her new fantasy flowers. I wonder how an anemone with silver dusted petals and silver dragees in the centre would look? Now I'm just thinking out loud!!

KodiSnip  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 7

How about shooting stars? You could make the stars silver sparkly and use either musical notes or jewelry hanging off wires inserted in the top. I think the rosette technique is lovely and it can stand alone and be gorgeous without accompanying flowers.

cherrycakes Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiSnip

How about shooting stars? You could make the stars silver sparkly and use either musical notes or jewelry hanging off wires inserted in the top. I think the rosette technique is lovely and it can stand alone and be gorgeous without accompanying flowers.

Thanks for your idea! I started thinking about beads, etc. and so I'm going to make a bead fountain to look (hopefully!) like fireworks coming from the top. The invitations to the gala have fireworks so it will tie in nicely!

I'll post a picture when I'm done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%