Music Society Celebration Cake

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 12:07pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:55am
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a cake for a 25th anniversary gala event for a chamber music society. They would like me to use the rosette design (iambaker) and incorporate their logo. I came up with the idea to do a square three tier - with the rosettes on the top and bottom tiers and the middle tier fondant. These would all be white. On the middle tier I would use a black ribbon around the centre and put the logo in the centre of the fondant tier. I was also planning on using a '25' (silver Wilton) for the topper.

Yesterday I received the logo and it looks like a silver foil award seal with a big '25' in the centre. My dilemma is now this: what should I do for a topper? I'm wondering if I should add an anemone or a rose or a bow? I feel that the rosette design is very simple and modern so I don't want anything to compete with it. Maybe it wouldn't need a topper?

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

6 replies
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 7

I think an anemone would look nice.

cherrycakes Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for your response sugar_n_spice! I'll think about that a bit more. I'd still like to see if I could bring in the silver and black a bit more into a topper as the logo will also be silver and black. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

Kareie Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 7

What about doing a musical note on the top? A pair of quarter notes or a treble cleft? It's something musical that wouldn't over shadow the logo.

cherrycakes Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your suggestions, Kareie. In a different setting I think a treble clef would be perfect but for this function I'm thinking a bit more glamourous. How would some cake jewelry look? I'm kind of leaning towards wires with crystals hanging from them - would that be too much for this design? (Yes, I am obsessing about this but it needs to be perfect!)

Oh, I also just saw Sugarshack's ad for her new fantasy flowers. I wonder how an anemone with silver dusted petals and silver dragees in the centre would look? Now I'm just thinking out loud!!

KodiSnip Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 7

How about shooting stars? You could make the stars silver sparkly and use either musical notes or jewelry hanging off wires inserted in the top. I think the rosette technique is lovely and it can stand alone and be gorgeous without accompanying flowers.

cherrycakes Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiSnip

How about shooting stars? You could make the stars silver sparkly and use either musical notes or jewelry hanging off wires inserted in the top. I think the rosette technique is lovely and it can stand alone and be gorgeous without accompanying flowers.

Thanks for your idea! I started thinking about beads, etc. and so I'm going to make a bead fountain to look (hopefully!) like fireworks coming from the top. The invitations to the gala have fireworks so it will tie in nicely!

I'll post a picture when I'm done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%