The Painted Cake...finally.

Decorating By Colorful-Bliss Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm by Colorful-Bliss

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:35am
post #1 of 14

I've ben trying to upload the rest of my photos for this cake and I was finally able to! I would like feedback...what would you have done different? I love graffitti art so I was inspired by that, plus my brother is a tattoo artist! Thanks in advance!

13 replies
Panel7124 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:47am
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Bliss

I've ben trying to upload the rest of my photos for this cake and I was finally able to! I would like feedback...what would you have done different? I love graffitti art so I was inspired by that, plus my brother is a tattoo artist! Thanks in advance!

not sure about the round cake. You are really talented, your painting is awesome!!

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 11:51am
post #3 of 14

No one?

poohsmomma Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 14

I'm a little confused...you say "this cake", but there's no cake to look at. Are we supposed to look at one in your gallery?

emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 14

I think it's wonderful! And I'm going to be honest here, a lot of the cakes that get the most comments are usually "pretty" and "elegant" so please don't feel badly if you don't get a lot of feedback or comments.

You have a lot of talent, so keep creating!

dawncr Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 14

I think s/he's referring to the one in her gallery entitled, "The Painted Cake." It's the one with the gumpaste panels.

And, to the artist:
I think this is a great technique and that you are a gifted artist.

However, is that a gun that you've painted? I may not be understanding your intent or your art, but I worry that your beautiful talent is glorifying violence. I'd want my brother to be around for many more birthdays....

emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncr

I think she's referring to the one in her gallery entitled, "The Painted Cake." It's the one with the gumpaste panels.

And, to the artist:
I think this is a great technique and that you are a gifted artist.

However, is that a gun that you've painted? I may not be understanding your intent or your art, but I worry that your beautiful talent is glorifying violence. I'd want my brother to be around for many more birthdays....

I believe it's a tattoo gun, not a handgun. icon_smile.gif The OP mentioned her brother is a tattoo artist. I like the look of it all together!

dawncr Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:42pm
post #8 of 14

Phew! Thanks for the clarification, emerald.

And to the OP--sorry! icon_redface.gif

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 14

Sorry for not adding the link. I'm not concerned at the number of comment. It was something I came up with and wanted feedback. Thanks to all the feedback I have received. My brother is 32 and yes he is a tattoo artist with his own shop. No that is not a gun, it is a tattoo gun. Here is the link sorry for that once again. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2152295

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 14

No problem dawncr....sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't pay attention to what I'm doing. I thought it could have looked like a gun also. No worries.

emrldsky Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Bliss

Sorry for not adding the link. I'm not concerned at the number of comment. It was something I came up with and wanted feedback. Thanks to all the feedback I have received. My brother is 32 and yes he is a tattoo artist with his own shop. No that is not a gun, it is a tattoo gun. Here is the link sorry for that once again. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2152295

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to increase your comments. I was just saying that if you don't get the amount of feedback you're anticipating, it's not because it isn't talented work. icon_smile.gif

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:06pm
post #12 of 14

@emrldsky....It's so easy to misread a comment. I understood what you were saying. They way I responded made it seem like I didn't. I meant to say I'm not too concerned at the number of comments on my picture and even if it was just one comment on this link it would be great. I know that it is so easy to pass by a fantastic cake sometimes or even a post so no biggie if there are not a lot of number of replies. Thank you for taking your time and posting your comments as well as mentioning the tattoo gun! : )

Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 4:27pm
post #13 of 14

I really liked it! I think it's a super neat idea especially because of the graffiti, tattoo feel you were going for. If I had done this I would have probably have airbrushed the colores and then came back and added the lines and details. Having said that I love your work, great job!

Colorful-Bliss Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks guys! I think I'll do another cake like this with a different theme and different style panels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%