Do Aluminum Cups Hold Shape Better?

Baking By bluedaisies Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 3:43am by scp1127

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:27am
post #1 of 6

I'd love to try cupcake wraps, but so far I haven't had any luck with the regular rippled looking paper cups. I'm having to use the stiff cups so that they don't disfigure the sides of my cupcakes. icon_sad.gif I'm wondering if the aluminum ones would hold their shape better in the pans and come out with prettier cupcakes?

TIA!

5 replies
Cakeopoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopoly Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:37am
post #2 of 6

I don't find much difference in terms of the sturdiness, the paper ones always worked fine for me. However, I do notice that the foil ones peel off much easier, leaving the cupcake intact.

Have you tried silicone baking cups?

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:46am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeopoly

I don't find much difference in terms of the sturdiness, the paper ones always worked fine for me. However, I do notice that the foil ones peel off much easier, leaving the cupcake intact.

Have you tried silicone baking cups?

No because these are to sell from my bakery, so I want to leave the cup on.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:56am
post #4 of 6

I use foil lined paper liners or paper lined foil liners. Both work great, look wonderful and don't pull away from the cupcake.

sweethands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweethands Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 2:59am
post #5 of 6

I just used the new cups from my local cake store, the are thicker and keep their color no matter what batter you use, the only issue I have is they pull away from the cake sometimes during the cooling period any suggestions? Thanks all icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 6

bluedaisies, I used to use only foil in my bakery but they were just too glitzy for my decor and my branding. I wantedbrown parchment. After many samples, I found a great one. I use the regular cupcake liners for charities and school donations. I use the tulip for all customers. These are wonderful. And the price is good for quantities.

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%