Do Aluminum Cups Hold Shape Better?

Baking By bluedaisies Updated 14 Sep 2011 , 3:43am by scp1127

bluedaisies Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:27am
post #1 of 6

I'd love to try cupcake wraps, but so far I haven't had any luck with the regular rippled looking paper cups. I'm having to use the stiff cups so that they don't disfigure the sides of my cupcakes. icon_sad.gif I'm wondering if the aluminum ones would hold their shape better in the pans and come out with prettier cupcakes?

TIA!

5 replies
Cakeopoly Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:37am
post #2 of 6

I don't find much difference in terms of the sturdiness, the paper ones always worked fine for me. However, I do notice that the foil ones peel off much easier, leaving the cupcake intact.

Have you tried silicone baking cups?

bluedaisies Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:46am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeopoly

I don't find much difference in terms of the sturdiness, the paper ones always worked fine for me. However, I do notice that the foil ones peel off much easier, leaving the cupcake intact.

Have you tried silicone baking cups?

No because these are to sell from my bakery, so I want to leave the cup on.

elliespartycake Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:56am
post #4 of 6

I use foil lined paper liners or paper lined foil liners. Both work great, look wonderful and don't pull away from the cupcake.

sweethands Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 2:59am
post #5 of 6

I just used the new cups from my local cake store, the are thicker and keep their color no matter what batter you use, the only issue I have is they pull away from the cake sometimes during the cooling period any suggestions? Thanks all icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 6

bluedaisies, I used to use only foil in my bakery but they were just too glitzy for my decor and my branding. I wantedbrown parchment. After many samples, I found a great one. I use the regular cupcake liners for charities and school donations. I use the tulip for all customers. These are wonderful. And the price is good for quantities.

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%