Stacking Pumpkins?

Decorating By Jealena Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 1:37am by Wnt2BACakeStar

Jealena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jealena Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 9

I saw a really cute cake on CC and the pumpkins were stacked 3 high looking like they were just sitting on top of each other... Does anyone know how to do this. Said they used a ball pan to bake so the pumpkins are all round...??? icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
Jealena Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 9

Here is a link to the pic of the cake which has 4 pumpkins!! Amazing, but can't figure out how to attach??? What do you think? http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1282927

gmfcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmfcakes Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 9

Looks like they used a stand of some sort or used a wedge then covered it. But here are some stands and two posts that I had come across, when I was looking something up similiar to your topic HTH.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-711868-.html&sid=54f27c6661484ee6210d14d4ff44a6e1
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=665328&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Jealena Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you!! I think you are probably right looking at it more closely...

LittleBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBites Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 9

Do you think they used the half ball soccer pan or the small little ball pan? They look bigger than that ball pan I have so Im wondering.. Unless there is a bigger ball pan I do not know of yet.... lol I would to try and do that for my son's class party, I think the kids would love it. Thanks for asking the question!!

Jealena Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 12:15pm
post #6 of 9

I really don't know which ball they used, the pumpkins are larger than the ball I have as well, that was going to be my next topic....lol..... I just love it and have a hugh party in Oct that I would love to make this cake for.... Imight have to go with something easier that I can figure out....

LittleBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBites Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 9

yeah it is really a cute cake to do, if we can figure it out LOL I wonder if you could make a bunch of half ball pans, since those are bigger, and put them all together? I was thinking about doing that then maybe only doing three pumpkins instead. Or maybe three large pumpkins then the small ball pan for the fourth pumpkin idk just throwing things out. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you!!

Jealena Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 6:01pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you... I am thinking the same thing...I don't want to go too high and not be able to stablize it...lol...oh well, an amazing cake!!!

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 1:37am
post #9 of 9

I did a graveyard, pumpkin, ghost cake each was carved and stacked on top of the next. The best thing to use for pumpkins is a bundt pan. It already has the ridges in it just like a pumpkin. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%