I'm Going To Be In Our Paper!!!

Business By buttercreammgt Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 4:45pm by MimiFix

buttercreammgt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreammgt Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 7

I was just interviewed for out City newspaper! I'm so excited! I'm hoping that it will be well written. I'll send everyone a link when it's published. Has anyone else had a story written about them? How did it affect your sales?

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

I'm on facebook if you want to see what I do. Buttercream Bella cake decorating workshops.

6 replies
cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:59am
post #3 of 7

Hey what brilliant news - and simply the best way of getting your name out there - is an article in a newspaper, rather than paying for an advert at the end of the newspaper. Once the article has been released - start asking all new clients where they heard about you and track the answers. (This is a good strategy with or without a magazine article) In this way you can find out which one of your marketing strategies is working best, which is worst and where best to invest any future funds in marketing costs. If you do not measure the outcomes from marketing efforts, you will always be working in the dark! But well done you.

buttercreammgt Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 7
instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 7

It's good! I like it a lot! Congratulations!

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

I sell cupcakes at our Farmers Market. The local paper did an article on me a while back (a whole entire page with full color pic and everything!!) and my sales literally DOUBLED at the next market!! I'm still getting a handful of people at every sale that say they came just to get cupcakes because they saw me in the paper! It's fantastic free advertising to have an article like that!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 7

Be sure to have fliers available for all new customers. I had a shop in upstate NY and another one after moving south. Each shop was located in the downtown district and the local newspapers had offices nearby. My bakery was featured many times over the years and after each article my business increased significantly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%