Halloween Baby Shower, Need Help Putting Everything Together

Decorating By chloe_52 Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 3:43pm by Panel7124

chloe_52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe_52 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 4

Ok everyone I am having trouble picturing this cake and not sure how to make it work.
The mom is using the following following colors on all invites and decorations
regal purple, lime green and black and maybe a tiny bit of orange.
She needs the cake to feed 40-50 people.
She doesn't care what shapes are used for the cakes but would like it to be a two-tier cake.
She would like a gerber daisy on top of the top tier with a baby laying in the flower, but she doesn't care what color I make the flower.
So my problem is getting these colors to look right. I don't know if I should cover both cakes with purple or lime green as I have heard covering in all black may turn everyones mouths black or is this true?
Or should I cover 1 tier purple and the other lime green.
Any help would be great.

Thanks

Krista

3 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 4

id do it purple with lime green an black decorations. or black with lime green and purple decorations. and dress the baby with a witch hat or as a anne geddes pumpkin lol

sheeny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheeny Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4

I think this cake would look great as a topsy turvy!
The bottom tier purple with green and black stripes/ polkadots/ baby blocks
The top tier green with a black clothing line and black and purple baby items/ clothes, or again stripes/ polkadots/ etc
On top a purple flower containing a pumpkin dressed baby, giving it a touch of orange...

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 4

As purple and black are rather problematic colors (I struggled with one of my two-tiered cakes - purple was fading BADLY), I'd do the cakes lime green, black or purple ribbons, purple flower. Other details as suggested in above posts (polka dots, cubes... anything suitable for a child - in purple, black and maybe some tiny orange detail).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%