"destroyed" Cake Idea - Please Help

Decorating By kerik Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 2:09pm by stormrider

kerik Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 7

I know this will sound like a strange request, but I'm making a cake for my very dear friend's bday party. She has a 1 year old 160 lb great dane named Wilson that is destroying the moulding all over her house, but she laughs it off because he is just absolutely adorable (he really is). So her daughter & I thought a "Wilson-fied" cake would be cute. I was thinking just a simple cake but with part of it looking as if it was gotten into by the dog - but I would welcome any other ideas. I'm still a novice baker (friends & family) but last year's cakes were a dog bone shape & a food bowl - was pretty proud of myself.

6 replies
cownsj Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 7

I like your idea, and I love the other cakes you already did.

Just as a thought, you could also do a basic square cake, but with a large "wood" molding base around the bottom of it, all chewed up. Maybe have white molding, but the ragged chewed up areas are wood color. Maybe some wall decorations (pictures, or whatever) hanging on the wall above the floor molding. Just an idea.....

cownsj Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 7

I love your idea, and the other cakes you did as well.

Just an idea, but maybe you could do a basic square cake, but put large baseboard molding around the bottom that is all chewed up. Maybe white painted molding, but ragged wood color where it's chewed up. Possibly even wall hangings above it (pictures, or whatever)... Just a thought.....

jeartist Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 7

Be happy to send you a pic of a 3 layer topsy turvy cake I was working on for a friend and left on a table while I stepped out of the room and my precious golden got in and decided to sample it.
As it turned out, redo was much better than original cake but didn't feel that way at the time.

traci_doodle Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 7
ljchevygirl Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 7

Maybe a sheet cake with something beautiful on the one side than take it and then torte a portion of it. Just a potion. The part that you cut, crumble and mix whatever icing you are using and put it back on top of the bottom layer. It will look destroyed on the one side bit will still be edible. This is what came to mind when I read your post, I hope you can understand what I mean. Good luck with whateve you do and make sure you post a picture.

stormrider Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 7

What about a cake stacked to look like a piece of wooden furniture with all of the corners chewed off? Or you could do a sofa with chewed legs and shredded fabric on the arms.

Quote by @%username% on %date%