I'm Closing My

Business By leah_s Updated 17 Nov 2015 , 3:43pm by TheItalianBaker

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:12am
post #31 of 84

So happy for you Leah!!! Congrats...but who will run the Friday Night Cake thread???? See how selfish we all are?!?!?!?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:23am
post #32 of 84

Oh, I'll still be around here. I am looking for applicants for the leader of the FNCC, though.

Thank you each and every one for the good wishes - it really means a lot. I really feel like I know you through your postings!!

I told my wedding network group tonight. A lot of jaws hit the floor.

If you're on Fb, just search for Louisville Dessert Truck.

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:40am
post #33 of 84

Congratulations on your new venture. It sound like fun and your menu looks very yummy. One question, how do you keep your red chocolate from bleeding into your white chocolate on your valentine cookies? I have tried doing these but can't figure out how to stop the color bleed. Thanks for any advice you care to give. Again congratulations and good luck.

enoid Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:43am
post #34 of 84

Congratulations on your new venture. It sound like fun and your menu looks very yummy. One question, how do you keep your red chocolate from bleeding into your white chocolate on your valentine cookies? I have tried doing these but can't figure out how to stop the color bleed. Thanks for any advice you care to give. Again congratulations and good luck.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:05am
post #35 of 84

Congrats and happy trucking!

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:05am
post #36 of 84

Congratulations! I hope hope hope the next time I visit my dad in KY that you will have that white cupcake with bavarian cream filling and buttercream cupcake on board. That was SOOO delicious!! I will definitely chase you down icon_smile.gif

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:17am
post #37 of 84

icon_smile.gif Congratulations, I am excited for you!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:18am
post #38 of 84

icon_smile.gif Congratulations, I am excited for you!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:20am
post #39 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Oh, I'll still be around here. I am looking for applicants for the leader of the FNCC, though.

Thank you each and every one for the good wishes - it really means a lot. I really feel like I know you through your postings!!

I told my wedding network group tonight. A lot of jaws hit the floor.

If you're on Fb, just search for Louisville Dessert Truck.

ah drat its not giving me anything. sorry for the trouble!

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:38am
post #40 of 84

Congrats, Leah! Very exciting news! Best wishes that it turns out exactly as you hope!!!

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:07am
post #41 of 84

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH!!!

How Exciting!!!! Best wishes to you and your husband!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:49am
post #42 of 84

Wow, Leah that is awesome!! congrats, I wish you lots of fun and loads of time with the hubby!

sari

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:52am
post #43 of 84

Congratulations Leah! What an exciting time for you and your husband. All the best.... icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:55am
post #44 of 84

Are you going to Twitter your locations? It would be fun to see where you are. My daughter lives close.

Good luck to you. We are adding a new venture too... after having a commercial kitchen at home like you, I just need a small retail space for sales only. But yours sounds much more fun.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:22am
post #45 of 84

I couldn't agree more. I quit about a year ago and I LOVE IT! And good luck on your new venture.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:44am
post #46 of 84

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

All the best to you!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:28pm
post #47 of 84

[quote="enoid"]Congratulations on your new venture. It sound like fun and your menu looks very yummy. One question, how do you keep your red chocolate from bleeding into your white chocolate on your valentine cookies? I have tried doing these but can't figure out how to stop the color bleed. Thanks for any advice you care to give. Again congratulations and good luck.[/quote]

Not sure what you're talking about. IF I offer Valentine cookies next year, they will be topped with fondant. I don't make cookies topped with royal icing or glaze. I quit doing that time-sucking nonsense years ago.

Twitter @LouDessertTruck
Fb https://www.facebook.com/pages/Louisville-Dessert-Truck/231464393572793?ref=ts

enoid Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:47pm
post #48 of 84

I clicked on the Louisville cookies that is clickable on the homepage of your website. I didn't notice that it took me to someone elses website. Sorry.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 8:03pm
post #49 of 84

First Indybebi and now Leah_s icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .

I'm sure you will be as successful in the dessert truck business as the cake business! I always trusted and respected your advice. Congrats!!! thumbs_up.gif

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 8:41pm
post #50 of 84

Best of luck on your new business venture! I am sure your dessert truck will be very successful thumbs_up.gif !

Sheryl

P.S. Glad to hear you will still be on CC since I have learned so much from you icon_biggrin.gif !

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 10:33pm
post #51 of 84

Good for you..There comes a time when you just have to say..That's it!!...Next!!I hate wedding cakes and never got into them..Thank goodness..

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 10:34pm
post #52 of 84

Me too I am retiring so I can spend more time with my family just had enough, last cake is Oct 8th and Im done. I sold my shop to Kick Ass Cakes and will be helping her when she needs it but Im not taking any more orders they all go to Tasha.

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 10:44pm
post #53 of 84

What an exciting new endeavor for you! Congratulations!

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 5:35am
post #54 of 84

The best of luck to you! I hope you find a lot more happiness in caking in your new venture and get to take some vacation time girl! icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:22am
post #55 of 84

so happy for you leah!! congratulations icon_biggrin.gif

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:55am
post #56 of 84

Congrats Leah!! I am so happy for you and your husband.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:00am
post #57 of 84

Oh wow! Much success. My daughter might be moving back to L'ville, we'll have to look you up.
I am about 2 weeks away from opening my kitchen. Not just concentrating on cakes. Hope that helps keep my head straight!
Bring that truck on south to Woodburn someday. We'll meet at the Corvette Museum!

teresa13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teresa13 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:37am
post #58 of 84

Congratulations!! I wish you well in your new venture! I do hope that you will still share your great words of wisdom with us on the many questions we have about cake decorating. thumbs_up.gif I love your shining wit and humor and your straight forwardness in all of your answers. icon_wink.gif

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:25pm
post #59 of 84

Wow! Congratulations!! What an exciting venture!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 4:22pm
post #60 of 84

Congrats on hopping on a new ride in the amusement park of life! I know you will love putting the "fun" back into the food passion again (by eliminating the "but the green didn't match the color of my vines on the centerpieces! you've RUINED my wedding!" crowd! LOL!) Life's too short to miss out on doing things we really wanna do!

Go girl! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%