Making Your Own Birthday Cake

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 5:00pm by sccandwbfan

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:53am
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

I made myself a birthday cake this year, really more because I wanted to try out an idea I hadn't done before and was not sure if it would work (so if I mucked it up, well it's only my cake so it doesn't matter.) Plus I figured I should make myself a proper cake just once, seeing as I seem to always be making them for everyone else in our families. Will hunt up a pic of it...

ETA: here's a pic, it was 8"-10" & the ice-cream was 19" tall.

That cake is spectacular!! Must have taken forever.....wow!

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:11am
post #32 of 37

OMG, I was just thinking the same thing today! My birthday is Sept. 24. My wonderful hubby is a "chicken baby" when it comes to baking, he pretty much limits himself to making a mean up-side down pineapple cake. He and my teen daughter use to buy me icecream cakes, I can't have that or any store bought cakes, developed an allergic reaction to egg yolks, go figure. My baby sister, one year made an outstanding red velvet cake from scratch. So this year I think, I will have to make it myself using an egg substitute and try some new method that I've been itching to try, yeah that's it! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

khadijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khadijah Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 9:27am
post #33 of 37

What I like to do on my birthday is bake a cake, fill piping bags with colored frosting, and hand them over to my little brother and sister so they can 'secretly' make a cake and 'surprise' me with it.

Aah I love my siblings!

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 11:31am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panel7124

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY TO YOUUUU....!!! thumbs_up.gif

Mine is 24 Sep and no cake... it's enought for me to see and make them everyday!

hey we share the same birthday icon_smile.gif. im making my own, well merging it with my little sisters since hers is 7 days apart from mine.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 1:11pm
post #35 of 37

I only hobby bake as well, but man, this year all I wanted was pie! I ended up making a cake just so I could practice, but it turned out horrible! I was trying a bunch of new recipes and so many things went wrong. I wish I had just made a simple pie instead.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:20pm
post #36 of 37

BANANA. CREAM. PIE.

I go bananas for BCP! I love caking but I love PIE even more lol. My hubby and kids buy me birthday pie at a local family owned restaurant that has the most amazing yummy pies

I always think I will attempt to make my own birthday.gif, but never do --- since I prefer pie over cake

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 5:00pm
post #37 of 37

I made my birthday cake this year because it gave me a chance to try some new things. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%