Alright Cakers, I Need Your Suggestions Interior Design.

Lounge By weidertm24 Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 5:58am by TJan

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 5

Well I'm doing my living room while my boyfriend is out of town on a fishing trip with his dad and brother. (He didn't want to paint so SURPISE! =] )My living room and entryway are one room. The entry way is really small but I want to make it look like a separate area. (Picture at the bottom). So as you can see I did a tan/sandy color and I was thinking of painting the entry way darker than that and a little more brown to separate it from the living room. What do you think? Also trying to pick out an accent color. I was thinking like teal/turquoise or a deep deep red. But everyone does red. I have frames I'm going to use that are black for a photo collage on one wall but what to do for the other walls? If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Ahhh! This is why I do cakes as a hobby not interior design. =/

Here's my living room/ entry way - Image

4 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 5

Oh how I feel your pain .. I've been on the hunt for the perfect light shade of sage green for my house .. I have 30 paint samples up on my wall in patch jobs .. my mom says it is starting to look like a kindergarten room .. sigh .. Good luck to you!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 5

I like the darker shade for the entry way. Red is really hard to work with. Just like red fondant icon_smile.gif. If you do decide on the red, use a gray primer and count on AT LEAST 3 coats. When I'm choosing a color for an accent wall I choose a color that compliments what's already in the room, from the furniture or something else that I love that's going to be in the room. My dining room is off-white with a a "bran muffin" accent wall; living room, off-white with a pale burgundy (I don't know how else to describe it, it's not pink, not red but is 3 shades lighter than my burgundy drapes and is one of the colors in the swirls on my couch); kitchen, off-white with lime green, which is my favorite color from the multicolored curtains I made.

Probably way too much information, huh icon_lol.gif? Whatever you choose, have fun.

navyman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navyman Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 5

It all depends on how you want the entry to fit in with the living room. If you want the entry to stand out by itself, then choose a color that will make it stand alone. If you the entry to blend in with the living room, then choose a color that will blend in with the color of the living room. This way the entry flow into the living room and as you pass betwen the two you won't even notice. If you want the roomy look, then stay with lighter colors. If you don't care about the roomy look, then go with a dark color. To get one look, you do have to give up another. Light seems spacy, but cold. Dark seems smaller, but a warmer feel.

TJan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJan Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 5:58am
post #5 of 5

Rather than the entire entry going darker what if you do a chair rail in that area and go with the dark only on the bottom half so it doesn't feel too much like a dark corner.

I'm with you on the red, it's been done... I agree with picking an accent color from furniture or a piece of art already in the room.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%