Resource For Recipes

Baking By rlowry03 Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 4:14am by scp1127

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a favorite website or book for cupcake recipes? I've been finding recipes by searching google but I'd like to find a tried and true collection of good, moist cupcakes! I'm expecially looking for cupcakes that stay moist for 2-3 days.

3 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 4

This is my favorite site for recipes. I love that a lot of them are rated by other CCers, and often, you can learn tips from other posters in the comments below the recipes. If you haven't spent some time under the "recipes" tab of this site, I'd encourage you do so. It's a great resource!

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:12am
post #3 of 4

Unfortunately I have a terrible time with the search function on any area of CC. I almost always get error messages or can't get past the first page of results, so I'm hoping to find some other options.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:14am
post #4 of 4

I never search the internet for recipes. I do search for combinations, decorations, and flavors. The internet is full of bad recipes and I attribute it to so many bakers giving up on scratch baking.

I am a follower and student of the great pastry chefs of today. I read their books like textbooks to understand their style of baking. From there, I focus on the chef's specialties , copy it once, then start altering. I never want to copy someone, but it is the best plan for new scratch bakers. These chefs are complete in their instructions, which insures a good outcome.

Awhile back, I posted a list of books and authors who are considered the best in their field by their peers. If anyone would like that list, pm me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%