Baseball Hat Cake

Decorating By cowie Updated 12 Sep 2011 , 3:36pm by cowie

cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 7

Can someone please tell me how to make a baseball hat cake? Which pan do you use etc. Thanks!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 7

I have a 6 and 8 inch half ball pans..Use something like that for the hat and make a brim out of gumpaste...Acyually very easy to do...

cowie Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 3:05am
post #3 of 7

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if it was the ball pan that was used for the hat or not. Thanks!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 11:48am
post #4 of 7

I used the ball pan as well and then took one of my son's new baseball hats and wrapped it in press and seal or saran wrap would work as well. Used the brim as a model and covered it in fondant and let dry. I used a Wilton cutter tht has the interchangeable parts, for the lines on the top part of the hat...actually had a wheel that worked well. There are many tutorials online that will help you. I had never done one before so I was suprised it turned out so great. Traced the logo from pic of my nephews hat to cut out in fondant. Good luck, it will be great.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 7

I just made one a couple weekends ago, and carved it out of two stacked 8" round pans.

Here's how it turned out with that method: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2147196

In hindsight, I should have made the brim bigger. Guess I wasn't planning on the round part of the hat actually being as big as it was icon_smile.gif

cowie Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 7

You guys are the best! Thanks so much for all your encouragement and instructions. icon_smile.gif I will let you know how it turns out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%