Airbrushing & Amerimist Copper

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 12 Sep 2011 , 11:34pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking to spray a cake for the first time this week... Any pointers?

Also I need the cake to be copper in color. Have any of you ever used the Amerimist copper by americolor? If so do you have any photos of how the color turns out?

Thanks!

6 replies
CiNoRi Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 7

Also how far does e color go, I don't airbrush, intact I'm borrowing a unit from a friend, should I buy just a small 1oz jar, or go for the larger?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 7

Make sure the fondant you cover in is like the color of copper..a browny color.It will show the copper spray really well.Spray in layers..do not try to spray heavy all at one or it will puddle and drip.Keep the gun farther away and turn down the PSI and do sweeps of spray instead of all just going all over randomly..Depends how big the cake is..a small bottle will not cover that much if it is a larger cake...

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 7

I have never used the copper, but I do not get "good mileage" from the Americolor sheens. I would advise buying a 4.5 ounce or larger if you want good coverage. They spray very well with no clogging for me, but it does take way more product than a regular airbrush color. Maybe someone will come along with info on the color.

CiNoRi Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

I have never used the copper, but I do not get "good mileage" from the Americolor sheens. I would advise buying a 4.5 ounce or larger if you want good coverage. They spray very well with no clogging for me, but it does take way more product than a regular airbrush color. Maybe someone will come along with info on the color.

The cake will be no larger than a 8" & a 6" stacked i was about to place an order for a 4.5 oz bottle I can't imagine i would need more than that, What do you all think? <id rather have too much than not enough but i dont want buy a lot if i dont need to since i don't actually own a brush yet! icon_wink.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 7

I would think that a 4.5 oz bottle would be fine for a 6" and 8".

CiNoRi Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%