Duncan Hines Flavored Mixes?

Decorating By ReneeFLL Updated 18 Jan 2013 , 3:22am by ChefKetra

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:39am
post #31 of 42

I usually use the WASC recipe with the box mixes, except sometimes I will sub the water for juice. I will be looking to see if they come out with different flavors for the holidays.

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 3:39am
post #32 of 42

Bobwonderbuns, yes I use the orange mix......its soooooo yummy icon_smile.gif

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 10:32pm
post #33 of 42

Please share more doctored recipes. Love the ones I am reading on this thread.

kaydee1011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaydee1011 Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:17pm
post #34 of 42

I love the French Vanilla, Dark Chocolate Fudge and Golden Butter. Of course, I use LOTS of Classic White. My hubby is a big fan of the Red Velvet, I like to use the Pineapple for my Pina Colada Bundt Cake, I sub pineapple juice and rum for the water and coat the bundt pan with shredded coconut, adding coconut pudding to the mix. It's yummy!

sberryp Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:23pm
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow

And...I mixed the spice & carrot - YUMMY!

Sounds yummy do you add anything else?

Mammadukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mammadukes Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:33pm
post #36 of 42

My fav is the banana and the strawberry and I also add fresh diced strawberries to the mix but the banana is the 1 I get asked to make the most icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 11:52pm
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberryp

Thanks ReneeFLL for starting this thread! After reading so many of the great ideas and sberryp's post, I decided to start another thread where we can post our actual recipes. (I have NEVER figured out how to use the CakeCentral recipe search. Been trying for 2 years with no luck. I thought the title of a 2nd dedicated thread might work better in a keyword search.)

Here's the link to the thread, "Share your Favorite doctored mix recipes". I started it with 6 of my most popular doctored DH recipes.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7212967.html#7212967

It would be wonderful if the rest of you could post your actual recipes on that thread so we can have them in one spot. Thank you.

sberryp Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 12:01am
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Quote:

Thanks ReneeFLL for starting this thread! After reading so many of the great ideas and sberryp's post, I decided to start another thread where we can post our actual recipes. (I have NEVER figured out how to use the CakeCentral recipe search. Been trying for 2 years with no luck. I thought the title of a 2nd dedicated thread might work better in a keyword search.)

Here's the link to the thread, "Share your Favorite doctored mix recipes". I started it with 6 of my most popular doctored DH recipes.

It would be wonderful if the rest of you could post your actual recipes on that thread so we can have them in one spot. Thank you.

Thanks!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:05am
post #39 of 42

If anyone wants to make a google doc with these recipes, please do and let me know so I can add them to the list. (See info in my signature.) icon_biggrin.gif

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:49am
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Quote:

Thanks for starting a new thread with the recipes.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 2:19am
post #41 of 42

" Sounds yummy do you add anything else? "

sberryp, I just mixed the two together. I didn't know I could doctor mixes at that time.

ChefKetra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefKetra Posted 18 Jan 2013 , 3:22am
post #42 of 42

AI know this is an old thread but place a flower nail upside down in the cake. It acts like a heating core. Once the cake is cool, just pull it out from the bottom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%