Safari/sports Theme

Decorating By katie725 Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm by katie725

katie725 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 4

hello, i have a request for a baby shower safari/jungle themed cake with a twist. she is doing a sports theme as well. i was thinking a monkey, elephant, lion, etc all with some sort of sport related prop in their mouth or on their nose. it has to feed 60ish people so it'll be tiered. also, i'm unsure if i want to take the time and mold each animal, or if i could get away with a painted gumpaste cutouts? any ideas are greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

3 replies
Ybird Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

Hi i made a safari cake before its in my pics, i painted the cake sunset style then painted on the animals in black was quicker than i though to do and was thinking you could then add the sports bits to there nose or leaning up against the trees or something

JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 4

If you wanted to go OTT you could make the lions, tigers etc wearing sports outfits! for example, A lion in footballers stuff, a giraffe in rugby stuff, a seal in swim wear! etc etc

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

katie725 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

ybird, your safari cake looks awesome! we had discussed the overall look of the cake and she is looking for something more colorful and suitable for a babyshower. more "cartoonish" if you will. I have some ideas but there are so many great ideas out there, i'm wondering if anyone has found any pictures in the galleries here. I haven't seen many, but there are some i could make modifications to. thanks for your reply!

Quote by @%username% on %date%