Safari/sports Theme

Decorating By katie725 Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm by katie725

katie725 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie725 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 4

hello, i have a request for a baby shower safari/jungle themed cake with a twist. she is doing a sports theme as well. i was thinking a monkey, elephant, lion, etc all with some sort of sport related prop in their mouth or on their nose. it has to feed 60ish people so it'll be tiered. also, i'm unsure if i want to take the time and mold each animal, or if i could get away with a painted gumpaste cutouts? any ideas are greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

3 replies
Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

Hi i made a safari cake before its in my pics, i painted the cake sunset style then painted on the animals in black was quicker than i though to do and was thinking you could then add the sports bits to there nose or leaning up against the trees or something

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 4

Hi,
If you wanted to go OTT you could make the lions, tigers etc wearing sports outfits! for example, A lion in footballers stuff, a giraffe in rugby stuff, a seal in swim wear! etc etc

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

katie725 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie725 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

ybird, your safari cake looks awesome! we had discussed the overall look of the cake and she is looking for something more colorful and suitable for a babyshower. more "cartoonish" if you will. I have some ideas but there are so many great ideas out there, i'm wondering if anyone has found any pictures in the galleries here. I haven't seen many, but there are some i could make modifications to. thanks for your reply!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%