Aresnal Cake

Decorating By Ybird Updated 15 Sep 2011 , 8:04pm by Ybird

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 12

Hi i have a arsenal cake to make, im going to do a square white cake and make the badge for the middle. i was just wondering what colours peple have used previously as iv found some blues but nothink that seems to match.
Also how do people get the badge so perfect, do you use a template for each bit?

Thanks

11 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 12

Hi,
How about getting the badge printed as an edible image?

Ybird Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 12

Hi, i did think of that one but you can get that done in tesco straigh nto a cake so wanted this one to look a bit more expensive so though making the badge would be better.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 12

You could print out the badge to what size you want it onto thin card and then get a craft knife and cut it like a jigsaw so you can use the bits as templates to cut out the different colour fondants so you can build it up instead of it being a flat picture.

Hope you get what i mean(eg the gun would be one part)

I did this for the halo cake in my photos.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 12

I have done this logo twice now. I googled a black and white image printed it off and used it as a template and put it together jigsaw style. My colours weren't exact the first details were in brown and the 2nd cake I did yellow as I do not have steady enough hand to paint the gold on but neither recipient minded. infact they were really pleased with the result. i only have one picture in my photos as they were duplicate cakes so no piont in posting both.
If you have the skills you could try flooding with RI.

Ybird Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 12

Thankyou for your help, what colour did you use for the blue on the badge? was it the navy roll out icing as that looks quite dark to me. i was going to buy one of the gold aerosols to do the bit around the edge.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 12

I started with baby blue and then added sky blue, lots of it.

B7jac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B7jac Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 12

Hi I did this one with red and burgundy (half and half) base, I printed off the badge (exact size i wanted) then added colours to match the badge and laid them over jigsaw style. I will post my pics if you want to view

Ybird Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 7:43pm
post #9 of 12

Hi that would be great to see your pictures thankyou. What blue did you use for it?
I think im going to do the logo idear of printing it off and then cuttin it all out so i have the right sizes.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 8:15pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ybird

Hi, i did think of that one but you can get that done in tesco straigh nto a cake so wanted this one to look a bit more expensive so though making the badge would be better.

For football team cakes I sometimes use an edible image and what I do is mount it onto a 50/50 plaque (50% flower paste 50% fondant) and let it dry a little. I then cut round it with an exacto knife. It makes it look more expensive and different and gives a 2D effect. I have also done RI run outs after making a template and done like that. Arsenal to me is red and white

You can see some on my photos or website of some football cakes done like above

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

B7jac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B7jac Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 12

Are you in Uk? cos the current Arsenal badge only has a small amount of NAVY blue in it!! I am having trouble uploading my pics but will try again, if not you can view it on Flickr.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46263899@N06/5500227180/

Ybird Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 8:04pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7jac

Are you in Uk? cos the current Arsenal badge only has a small amount of NAVY blue in it!! I am having trouble uploading my pics but will try again, if not you can view it on Flickr.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46263899@N06/5500227180/

Your rsenal cake looks awesom. yes im in the uk, was just looking up pictures on google of the badge.
Think i will order navy blue then and two different reds. i really like the way you done the centre piece with piped white icing around

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%