I Need Bettercreme Advice

Baking By addietx Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 6:35pm by addietx

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 4

This week was the first time using Bettercreme purchased from Sam's Club. It was wonderful to work with for the first few minutes then it became what I would consider dried. The more I touched it the worse it looked. Is there a trick or tip that you would share with me on how to smooth this product? The taste is good, the texture is good but trying to smooth it was a nightmare. For those of you that are going to tell me don't use it or that I should have used SMBC, please don't, I just need help with this product for NOW.

3 replies
salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 4

Best thing would be to rewhip it with some more bettercreme. You could also use a spatula or bench scraper dipped in warm water to get it smooth.

I had to use bettercreme in culinary school and I can't stand the stuff. It dries out pretty quickly, you have to constantly rewhip it and I don't like the feel it left when eaten. So I prefer to stay away from it.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 4

Ditto, add more liquid better cream and rewhip. Touch as little as possible in general to avoid the drying out ... Works great for filling because the consistency is fine within that context, but less ideal to ice with. Hth!

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 4

This was the pre-whipped Bettercreme. Thanks for the suggestion. Can I re-whip the pre-whipped? I tried to stir or whip by hand what I could tell was changing consistency and it seems to get worse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%