Need Help Figuring This Out How Many Samples Needed

Baking By platinumlady Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 7:31pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:40am
post #1 of 5

I have a friend that sales cake pops only. She is legal & cooks at the kitchen with me Yay icon_biggrin.gif! {long process so proud of her}

Anywho she rented out a booth at the Black Expo next weekend. She can't sell food there, but she can give out sample. The booth is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The are expecting approx 30,000 people to come through the doors. How many samples does she need to make? She's doing her the truffle version of cake pops... I guess called cake balls. She has thought about cutting them into half to make it through the weekend without running out. Can some helps figure this out? The number going through my mind is quite high & I know I am off. I will be helping her out at the booth. But how many should she make?
icon_confused.gif

Thanks In Advance

4 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 10:52am
post #2 of 5

Hi,
so she has the booth for 3 days?
So the first day will be the test won't it? what ever she takes the first day, she will find out whether it was too much or too little.
30,000 people? wow thats a lot! and when theres something for free people are always interested and try and come back for more!
What was the number you had in your head? hundreds or thousands? icon_biggrin.gif

platinumlady Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 5

I was thinking 3x the number of expected guest & she has to make them in advance So that's why I was asking how much she should make

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 5

Yep I agree, so do they have 30,000 people each day, or is that for the three days?

so tons of cake balls, is she taking business cards too? and decorating her booth? she wants people to remember her name and cake pops,

good luck to you and her! icon_smile.gif

platinumlady Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 5

It's 30,000 total for the 3 days & she will be decorating her booth to look like a boutique...Thanks for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%