Never Use A New Pan For A Cake Order....

Baking By Mullinmama Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 6:38am by JanH

Mullinmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mullinmama Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 2:27am
post #1 of 2

UGH I used a pan I've never used before (9x13) to make a 3D beer cooler cake.. First the humidity sucks and melted the frosting and secondly from some reason the coating on the pan never absorbed per say the bakers joy spray and it cooked into the cake and the cake crumbled and I mean disintegrated!! I had just over 5 hrs into this 5 layer cake for it to completely blow out and crumble on me. I had to start all over (using a bigger and older pan I love) and now I'm just waiting to do the fondant work to it.
UGH THIS SUCKS let me tell ya. AND this cake was a birthday gift to the person from me. NO CHARGE so I am not even getting paid for it.

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 6:38am
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullinmama

...and secondly from some reason the coating on the pan never absorbed per say the bakers joy spray and it cooked into the cake and the cake crumbled and I mean disintegrated!! I had just over 5 hrs into this 5 layer cake for it to completely blow out and crumble on me.

Bakers Joy is an aerosol non-stick spray for bakeware (and other applications) it's not sprayable teflon to permanently coat your bakeware - only oil and flour....

You can make your own version of pan grease by mixing equal parts: shortening, oil and flour. icon_smile.gif

At what point did your cake layers disintegrate? More info would be helpful in determining what went wrong.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%