Advice Please

Decorating By Deema711 Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 1:53pm by Sucrea

Deema711 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 4

Hello .. i'm a beginner in baking and decorating cakes and i would like to have some advices about the most important tools and decoration that i need in general for all cake baking and decorating and where can i find it
Thank u icon_smile.gif

3 replies
CakeCrystals Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 4

If you have a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby in your area, you should go there to get started with your cake baking and decorating supplies.

HTH

knlcox Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 4

This can be a fun hobby but can also get very expensive! I started out by buying a couple of spatulas for smoothing buttercream. I also bought a fondant roller because I knew I wanted to play with fondant. I bought a Wilton tool kit from because I wanted to make gumpaste flowers. It just depends on what you want to accomplish as a cake decorator. I bought most of my cake stuff from Michaels, Hobby Lobby or online. Mostly, I just found projects I wanted to complete and bought what I needed to make those projects happen. Good Luck!

Sucrea Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 4

Use the Michaels coupons to help with costs. Michaels also take JoAnns coupons. I also bought supplies that I needed for each project. I started with buttercream decorations. I had some pans so I didn't need those. I bought cake circles, a few tips, disposable bags, couplers, and off set spatula. YouTube is a great tool as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%