Here Is My New Studio!

Business By jenng1482 Updated 15 Oct 2011 , 2:59pm by KMKakes

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 5:44pm
post #61 of 77

I love to see everyone's studios, its really inspirational for those of us trying to do something similar and it shoes that it is indeed possible to do within a budget. Thank you very much for sharing.

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 6:42pm
post #62 of 77

Jen, first of all, Congratulations - I can imagine how exciting this is for you!! Thank you so much for sharing your story - I am just beginning the process of becoming licensed and your info. and seeing your space has helped greatly! Just curious - in the $7000 - did that include the price of the stove and stainless steel sink? I am trying to stay within a budget and was amazed to hear your end total! I was figuring around $10-$11,000 - I have about the same size space as you - and I figure I could save a little - my husband is a plumber!
Thanks again for sharing!!

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 14 Sep 2011 , 8:58pm
post #63 of 77

The stainless steel sinks are expensive! I was fortunate with my sink that I have in my basement "bakery" I got for free. I would check out craigslist. I think that my basement bakery was about $3000 because I was fortunate to get great deals on so many items, some for free and my brother did all the work. When you have the sink, my DOH said that it had to be large enough to fit your biggest supply like a cake pan or whatever. My brother was going to get 2 of the double sinks that you see at Home Depot and use that. They are stainless steel and fit all my pans. But then I was blessed to get one for free so I didn't have too. I also got a lot of discontinued items and my oven came from Home Depot as well. It is not a big convection oven but is just like one and cost me around $400. It has a van in the back and everything. I can bake 4 dozen cupcakes at once and everything is even. You have to do a lot of searching to find the deals and the more work you can do yourself the better. Look for a bakery that is going out of business and see what they have for sale too. Hope this helps you! I have not regretted spending the money to redo my basement. Mine is about 12 X 21.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 6:59pm
post #64 of 77

Update! The state health inspector just left. He said I had one of the nicest in home comm kitchen he has seen. They were impressed by what I was able to do with such a small space. Horray!! I couldnt be more excited right now!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:21pm
post #65 of 77

Congratulations Jen!!! That is just awesome!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:37pm
post #66 of 77

Congratulations Jen! I am so excited for you. You have definitely inspired me!

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:40pm
post #67 of 77

CONGRATS TO YOU!!! I am also so excited for you! You have inspired me as well!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 10:50pm
post #68 of 77

It's a very lovely space! My walls are the same color icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 2:22am
post #69 of 77

Jenng, thanks for sharing your pictures and congratulation on the health inpection. It looks Great!!! I have the same size kitchen as you do 10 x 23 but yours seems so much larger. Mind you ive been in mine 4-5 yrs now and i think i am outgrowing it a bit. Will you need A/C in the summer time using a basement?

katboss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katboss Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 3:26am
post #70 of 77

Awesome pics and great job on your organization!!! I KNOW you will do great!!! (I snuck a peak at your pics : ) )I wish you every success!!!!!!! God willing hopefully I get my space soon!
Kat

JoanieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanieB Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 6:02pm
post #71 of 77

Great job! What a lot of work y'all put into that and it's wonderful. Sending you positive thoughts and well wishes thumbs_up.gif

PeggyMichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyMichel Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 6:55pm
post #72 of 77

Hi, I must be the only person in the world who does not go on facebook. Could you please post pics of your studio in the gallery section? I would love to see it!!!! Thanks.

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 4:50pm
post #73 of 77

Awesome and congratulations on achieving what so many of us want to...your kitchen is beautiful...you are my shero thumbs_up.gif Now make some cakes icon_biggrin.gif

epicpastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epicpastries Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 6:32pm
post #74 of 77

Congratulations! I loved your photos and hope you are enjoying your new space. I am working on building my studio and your pictures have given me inspiration. If any one knows of any other studio pictures that I could view...please let me know. I need all the help/inspiration I can get lol.

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 7:00pm
post #75 of 77

Couldn't open it at work, but can't wait to look at it later. Congratulations!!!

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:17pm
post #76 of 77

Love it!!! I had to show my hubby.

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 2:59pm
post #77 of 77

Thanks for the inspiration! I, too, showed my husband photos of your kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%