Rice Crispy Treats?

Decorating By Bekabean Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 1:03am by mplaidgirl2

Bekabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekabean Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

I know this seems a bit silly, but I haven't made rice crispy treats since I was in high school and I'm wanting to try to make something for a cake out of it. Does anyone have an exact recipie or tips to share about sculpting something out of them? I always remember mine coming out with a gooeyness at the bottom and I can't see that being very stable to mold something out of. Wanting to do an xbox controller for an xbox cake. thanks!!

4 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

Controller is so small I would personally just go buy a $2 box of RKT. Thats what I do for smaller things... I actually bought the 50 box at BJs for $10. And use it for little things.

(Little debbie brand is cheaper for small quantities)

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 5

I have used the rkt for molding several different cakes. As for it being stable enough to mold, you basically "squish" it together so the consistency is different from the treats that you eat. I use the recipe found on here http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7518/rice-krispies-treats-rkt and it works fine.

Good luck!!

Bekabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekabean Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 12:42am
post #4 of 5

wow, it really didn't even cross my mind to just buy the premade ones! I'm definitely going to do that!! thanks!!

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:03am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekabean

wow, it really didn't even cross my mind to just buy the premade ones! I'm definitely going to do that!! thanks!!

lol. Your welcome. I was making mine and I was like wait... for the amount I need there is no need to make them. Just not cleaning up is worth it!

Like said above just make sure your smoosh them really well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%