How Do I Use Lorann Oils/flavorings?

Baking By Motta Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 4:32am by ReneeFLL

Motta Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi - there's such a range of flavors but I see mostly oils. I'm used to using extracts. Can I use these oils in both cake batter and icing? Does it work for meringue buttercreams? Is it only for flavoring chocolate candies? I just realized I could Google it but I'd love to hear any advice you can give me icon_smile.gif Thanks!

4 replies
AngelFood4 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

I've used the Lorann Oils to flavor cake batter, BC, IMBC, Ganache, Candy Melts, Chocolate, MMF....hmmmm, pretty much everything. They are super concentrated compared to extracts so depending on what I'm using it for, I may use a drop of it or I may use an entire bottle. Love the Cheesecake and peppermint oils.

Torimomma Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 4:06am
post #3 of 5

I just saw these in my Walmart yesterday and had the pina colada, lemon and orange flavors in my cart but the price wouldn't scan so I had to put them back! Bummer icon_sad.gif.

ReneeFLL Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 4:31am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torimomma

I just saw these in my Walmart yesterday and had the pina colada, lemon and orange lflavors in my cart but the price wouldn't scan so I had to put them back! Bummer icon_sad.gif.

What!!! I would not have left without them. Couldn't they look it up on the computer? The Walmart near me sells the double pack for $1.99, but I usually just find pepperment,
wintergreen, cinnamon and a few others. I would love to find pina colada at Walmart.

ReneeFLL Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 4:32am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torimomma

I just saw these in my Walmart yesterday and had the pina colada, lemon and orange lflavors in my cart but the price wouldn't scan so I had to put them back! Bummer icon_sad.gif.

What!!! I would not have left without them. Couldn't they look it up on the computer? The Walmart near me sells the double pack for $1.99, but I usually just find pepperment,
wintergreen, cinnamon and a few others. I would love to find pina colada at Walmart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%