Offering Social Media Promos...what Do You Think?

Business By emrldsky Updated 8 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm by emrldsky

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 3

I want to run two promos but I'm not sure the best way to balance having a good offer, and making sure I'm paying myself.

One idea I had was to offer a free dozen cake truffles (cake balls) when a customer books an order of at least $25 of baked goods for the Holiday Season (Nov. 25 - Dec. 22) by October 21. I get a lot of last-minute type of orders, and I don't have enough business at this time where taking those last-minute orders hurts me. I'd like to change that, and get a more professional atmosphere going on.

The other idea was to offer something to new customers. Maybe 10% off any orders $50 or more?

Most of the people I know who order from me, are friends or friends of friends, and I'd like to get more business outside of that group. I've been pretty complacent, but am really missing the work.

Thoughts or ideas?

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 3

Personally I prefer spending money on advertising (Google AdWords, Facebook, Yelp, etc.) to get more full-price business as opposed to offering discounts. Discounts tend to attract price-sensitive customers, and you probably want to compete on quality as opposed to price.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Personally I prefer spending money on advertising (Google AdWords, Facebook, Yelp, etc.) to get more full-price business as opposed to offering discounts. Discounts tend to attract price-sensitive customers, and you probably want to compete on quality as opposed to price.

You do make a great point there. I guess I'm a bit afraid to be "too big" and am worried that those avenues will bring about more inquiries than I can handle. I'm a legal at-home business, but I also work 40 hours a week.

Maybe I have a fear of success? icon_wink.gif I'll look into Facebook ads...I think that would be pretty helpful, and last I looked, inexpensive.

Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%