Not Cake But A Yellow Ribbon Cookie...help!

Decorating By Leikeilana Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 3:32am by Leikeilana

Leikeilana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leikeilana Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:11am
post #1 of 6

We have a request for 150 yellow ribbon cookies tomorrow. We dont have cutters that will get the ribbon look, any ideas or suggestions? Anyone has done this. The yellow ribbon like that of the red ribbon for aids campaign or pink ribbon for cancer campaign is for Prisons rehabilitation programme giving second chances to prisoners.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

5 replies
susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 9:28am
post #2 of 6

You could print off a yellow ribbon and then take a soda can and cut out strips of it and form it around the perimeter of the graphic and staple the ends together to make your own cookie cutter. icon_smile.gif
I was in a challenge where it was to make Hello Kitty cookies and I didn't have the cutter so I made my own.
Susie

CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 10:54am
post #3 of 6

Wow! Love the idea of using a soda can.

Aeolytheis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeolytheis Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:10am
post #4 of 6

You could do strips and fold them over like 3D support ribbon?

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:15am
post #5 of 6

Check out my blog and you will see what I used to make a few cookie cutters. The link is below. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Leikeilana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leikeilana Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 3:32am
post #6 of 6

thanks for your help, we cut it into strips and folded it over, only because we didnt have time to make the cutter, but we will definetly try the soda can next time. The only problem we had and was very time consuming and messy was the yellow glaze....argghhhhhh...its gone and we did our best, but still need alot of room for improvement.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%