Cake To Feed 20 +Leftovers? And Pricing?

Decorating By newcaker1314 Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 1:30am by vgray

newcaker1314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcaker1314 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:04am
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I'm 15 1/2 and I love to decorate cakes but I have not really made a lot of big cakes and I'm not sure how much will feed how many people.

I am making a cake (for a family friend but she is paying me) for the rehearsal dinner of a wedding There will be 20 people, but I have been requested to make the servings more "ample" with some leftovers. I was guessing to go with 25-30 servings but I'm not sure how much cake to make to feed that quantity of people. I will be making a square cake and I was thinking 2 tall layers (2 inches each) but what size pan would be best?

Also for pricing, how much should I charge for a cake this size? Obviously I'll need to be compensated for materials + some for my time but approximately what would be a good benchmark price? The cake will be a black and white cake (striped or checkerboard) with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream decorated in fondant, gumpaste, and chocolate.

Thank you for any advice you may have to offer!

4 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:16am
post #2 of 5

A 9" would be a good size.

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcaker1314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcaker1314 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 5

thanks for the sizing chart, I'll do a 10 inch square icon_smile.gif

but the link for the pricing scheme doesn't work.. can you try reposting?

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:30am
post #5 of 5

Here is the pricing advice link again, look for the responses by TexasSugar, she gives some great insight.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-pricing.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%