Will This Filling Last A Few Days Out Of Thw Fridge?

Decorating By karukaru Updated 8 Sep 2011 , 2:14am by lilmissbakesalot

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:04am
post #1 of 6

Hello Everyone! i need to make a fondant covered cake for this saturday. I wanted to make a checkered board vanilla and black russian (with vodka aand khalua) cake. I need a good filling for the cake and I found a yummy nutella truffle filling recipe on this site. I was wondering if it will be OK for me to make the cake tomorrow and leave it out of the fridge until saturday (the AC in My house runs 24-7 at around 73 degrees)the ingredians are:

Nutella (small container)
2 packages of cream cheese (room temp)
2 tbs hershey extra dark cocoa powder
1 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts

Thanks for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:15am
post #2 of 6

No it wouldn't. The cream cheese would spoil. You can put fondant cakes in the fridge... I do it with every cake I make.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:27am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissbakesalot

No it wouldn't. The cream cheese would spoil. You can put fondant cakes in the fridge... I do it with every cake I make.

I agree, the cream cheese would go bad! Depending on the type of fondant you use it will do ok in the fridge. I use michelle foster's fondant and it works well.

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 1:32am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! Will satin ice hold up in the fridge? I am always confused because people say you cannot put it in the fridge but then I see cakeboss putting them in the fridge all the time. This is the cake I am making so I am terribly afraid of messing it up:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/821113

Do you know if i can refrigerate satin ice fondant? The cake is pretty colorful so I don't want the colors to run. Thanks!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:01am
post #5 of 6

Satin Ice can be refrigerated. They say so on their site.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

I have in the past. I used to use SI fondant and it never ran or anything like that. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%