Sugarveil Drape

Decorating By naubin Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 11:39pm by naubin

naubin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naubin Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 4

I have an outdoor wedding this weekend and the four tier cake will have a royal blue draped coming down the side. I have sugarveil but have never tried it, will that work outside? The temps are going to be in the 70s. Also, how quick does it dry? Could I make the drape a few days ahead or should I wait until Saturday? Any advise is appreciated thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 4

Go ahead and make it now. It's really pliable I wouldn't wait until the last minute just encase you have problems with your design and need to make another one.

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, naubin, I completely agree with sweettreat. Work with SugarVeil now. Get familiar with it, especially if you have never used it before. Use powdered color, if you are going for an intense blue (instead of gel), discover how long it takes to dry in your particular surroundings, make drapes with it, put it outside - do all those things so you will become knowledgeable of working with SugarVeil wherever you are climate-wise and can design your cake accordingly. Let me know if I can be of any help, and have fun!

naubin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naubin Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 4

thumbs_up.gif Thanks for the help. I will try it out tonight!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%