Fresh Sliced Strawberries And Cream Filling..... Help!

Baking By laborrn2 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 3:09pm by laborrn2

laborrn2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laborrn2 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 4

OK. My cake this weekend was requested to have fresh strawberries and cream filling. Question is..... what do I do to the berries so they don't macerate? Cake is due Saturday am.... Was planning on filling, frosting, decorating on Friday. Will it be okay in the fridge or will the berries get yucky?

Couldn't find a direct answer to this in the threads.....

Can anyone help? THanks! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 4

Hi! I did a strawberries and cream filling and this is what I did: I spread a very thin layer of buttercream onto the top and bottom layers of the cake and then put a thick dam of bc on. Then I spread on stabilized whipped cream (used a package of Dr. Oetker) and placed the strawberries on top. It held up very well for a couple of days and didn't soak into the cake.

Note: After I washed the strawberries I sliced them then let them sit on paper towel for a while to absorb as much moisture as possible.

Good luck!

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 4

I make Cream cheese frosting and either slice or dice the strawberries, put a thick icing dam around so they don't bleed out and right before i put my filling in the cake i mix the cream cheese with the strawberries and fill it. the juices they release will soak into the cake one of my best sellers! ! Just important to have a thick buttercream dam!
Good Luck!

laborrn2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laborrn2 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

thank you.... I planned on using a solid "dam" of buttercream.... I will drain well after washing and slicing and hope for the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%