Cake Left Out Of Fridge Once Iced?

Decorating By Kimzie Updated 9 Sep 2011 , 1:21pm by CWR41

Kimzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimzie Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!
I'm back with another question. I'm making a bunch of cakes for a church function as well as a 3 tier fondant cake for the same weekend. My question is this, how long can I keep a whipped butter cream iced cake out of the fridge? If I make the cake 1-2days before hand will it still stay fresh?
Thanks
icon_smile.gif

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

Once iced, the cake can't dry out because the air can't get to it. It will start to grow mold before it goes stale.

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

CWR41...you made me giggle with that.

krissycakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycakes21 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:09am
post #4 of 5

I have a question.. How long before the big day can we make and ice the cake?? Mine is do saturday evening and we are thursday and the crumbcoat is on and its it in the fridge..will it be fresh saturday???please help!!icon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissycakes21

I have a question.. How long before the big day can we make and ice the cake?? Mine is do saturday evening and we are thursday and the crumbcoat is on and its it in the fridge..will it be fresh saturday???please help!!icon_biggrin.gif

Refrigeration can cause cake to dry out. I'd get it out of the fridge ASAP, get it covered with fondant or ice it, and leave it on the counter at room temperature if it doesn't have filling that requires refrigeration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%