Swiss Buttercream

Decorating By sammyqueen Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 10:39pm by sammyqueen

sammyqueen Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

i live in uk and seen recipies that uses shortening in US. What is that known as in uk? please help icon_confused.gif

2 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 3

I believe it's known as Trex, although you wouldn't want to use that in Swiss Meringue Buttercream. The meringue buttercreams are meant to have butter in them for the fat. The shortening/Trex based buttercreams are when you need something more heat stable.


sammyqueen Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3

thanks annie icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%