Will You Help Me Plan A Cupcake Buffet For My Birthday? :)

Decorating By mommie917 Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 12:10pm by mommie917

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:28am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, every year for my birthday we have a big football party with A LOT of people (we watch the late night game on our outdoor movie screen). I would like to make a bunch of different flavored cupcakes for my party but I can't decide on which ones to make. Any suggestions? Cupcake and frosting combos? Thanks in advance for any help icon_smile.gif

3 replies
pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 4:35am
post #2 of 4

Choose the ones you like since it is your birthday.... go with vanilla and chocolate or banana cake with strawberry frosting. Key lime with coconut also sounds like a good combo.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 4:52am
post #3 of 4

just made a pumpkin cupcake this weekend it was DELICIOUS!! All i did was use a white betty crocker mix and added half can (regular size) of pumpkin, made my regular buttercream recipe and added about 3 tablespoons just to the amount needed for 12 cupcakes. bout 1 cup of buttercream.
My husband made chocolate cherry coke cupcakes also incredibly delicious!!! not sure where he got his recipe but if you are interested I can ask him. The pumpkin ones tasted like a fluffy super moist pumpkin pie! Last week we did a Elvis cupcake, added 2 chopped bananas to a white cake mix and put some chocolate and peanutbutter chips in each cupcake, baked than made a peanutbutter buttercream. a pure honey buttercream and bacon. these were also DELICiOUS and a big hit at our local farmers market.
The cherry coke ones were made from scratch than we added a black cherry filling and made a buttercream and added couple spoons of coke and some Lorann cherry flavor. of 8 people that tried them they all loved them!
Good Luck!

mommie917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommie917 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 4

Omg! These are some awesome ideas! If you don't mind sharing recipes, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%