Cake Mishap

Decorating By Marie0616 Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm by sugarlover

Marie0616 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 7

so, horror of horrors, a 3 layer stacked cake order for a 50th anniversary party 'imploded' on the way to the event! I don't understand what happened, as I've done these many times in the past without a problem. The customer was very forgiving, but I'm so embarassed about it (and of course, I'll see her every Sunday at church!). icon_cry.gif She said they used the top 2 layers and they were delicious, but the bottom was a total loss. Should I offer her a partial refund? I was thinking a gift certificate for a future purchase....if she'll ever order from me again! What do you think?

6 replies
luckylibra Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

So sorry this happened to you, that has to be heartbreaking. Based on what you have told us I would think a partial refund is definitely in order since the customer did not get what they paid for. Best of luck and hope your day gets better from here

Bri122005 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 7

So sorry! Definitely refund.

KoryAK Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 7

AT LEAST a partial - myself, I would probably consider a full refund to keep a customer happy.

KoryAK Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 7

AT LEAST a partial - myself, I would probably consider a full refund to keep a customer happy.

cakestyles Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 7

I would personally give a full refund, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Sorry this happened! icon_sad.gif

sugarlover Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 7

I think a partial refund will be fine as they were able to eat the top two tiers. imo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%