Cake Mishap

Decorating By Marie0616 Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm by sugarlover

Marie0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie0616 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 7

so, horror of horrors, a 3 layer stacked cake order for a 50th anniversary party 'imploded' on the way to the event! I don't understand what happened, as I've done these many times in the past without a problem. The customer was very forgiving, but I'm so embarassed about it (and of course, I'll see her every Sunday at church!). icon_cry.gif She said they used the top 2 layers and they were delicious, but the bottom was a total loss. Should I offer her a partial refund? I was thinking a gift certificate for a future purchase....if she'll ever order from me again! What do you think?

6 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

So sorry this happened to you, that has to be heartbreaking. Based on what you have told us I would think a partial refund is definitely in order since the customer did not get what they paid for. Best of luck and hope your day gets better from here

Bri122005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bri122005 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 7

So sorry! Definitely refund.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 7

AT LEAST a partial - myself, I would probably consider a full refund to keep a customer happy.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 7

AT LEAST a partial - myself, I would probably consider a full refund to keep a customer happy.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 7

I would personally give a full refund, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Sorry this happened! icon_sad.gif

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 7

I think a partial refund will be fine as they were able to eat the top two tiers. imo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%