Sps Question-I Feel Dumb Asking

Decorating By Jimbos76 Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 2:18am by southerncross

Jimbos76 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

I know they say there are no stupid questions, but I feel stupid asking this! I'm going to try using SPS and I was wondering if you get the plastic pieces back to reuse or do you just rebuy the pieces for each cake and include the cost into the price of the cake? If you do get them back, how do you arrange for that? Thanks!

4 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 5

you don't get them back. You should make sure you include that in the price of your cake.

MerlotCook Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:07am
post #3 of 5

I don't ask for them back either- I just add $15 on to the price as a "mandatory fee", regardless of it's 4 tiers or 2. Nobody has ever complained. They were once returned though....unwashed in a plastic bag 2 months after the wedding--yuck! I tossed em!

leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:14am
post #4 of 5

They are considered disposable. Don't bother getting them back.

southerncross Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:18am
post #5 of 5

Lately, I've been cutting the cakes at weddings and putting the SPS pieces aside to take with me hasn't been a problem. When I get home, I rinse the plates and posts and run them thru the dishwasher. Because I cut my posts for each cake I'm not sure I'll be able to use the posts again but who knows. SPS are such good quality material that they may be originally intended as disposable but they certain can be reused. I'm not sure other structure systems would be as reusable but there you go. I try to recycle and reuse as much as possible to minimize the disposal of petrochemical products into the environment. I would stick with the wooden dowel method but the SPS is just so darn better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%