Kopykake Frosting Sheets

Decorating By Abacoboy21 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 3:01am by Abacoboy21

Abacoboy21 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:46am
post #1 of 6

Good day everybody, I'm fairly new to using frosting sheets on cake actually this morning was the first time I ever used a frosting sheet. Here's my horror story lol! I had just finished decorating a birthday cake and now it was time for the picture to go on the cake. I struggled trying to get the frosting sheet to lift of the paper it was mounted it! Finally after rubbing it against the corner of the kitchen table for a few seconds I got a portion of it to release from the backing paper. The remainder WOULD NOT LIFT! So I used a spatula and lifted the frosting sheet manually. Then When i finally got it off the sheet started to tear in my hands and it became a big mess! I just dropped it on the table and was like "forget this" lol. Can somebody direct me as to the correct procedures for using the frosting sheets.

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 6

I used 100s of those and some of them can be a problem getting off the backing paper icon_sad.gif
Put it in the fzr for a short time - maybe 10 minutes and it should pop right off.
Usually, when it is difficult to get off the backing, it is old and dried out icon_sad.gif
Yes, once off the backing it is difficult to handle. One must be right near the cake and veery quickly move to place it on. And you only get ONE chance......if it is not positioned right you seldom, if ever, can move it.

icingimages Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 6

The freezer trick usually works well with KK icing sheets. Keep in mind that icing sheets can act differently in different environments. We actually sell three different brands because of this. Our house brand is very similar to the KK brand, it is thin and reacts the same way. We also sell Lucks which is the same as the edible images sold in stores, we also sell our Premium brand which is the most popular for several reasons. First it has the largest printable area by about an inch in each direction. It also is the most flexable and remains flexable longer. I hope this is helpful

icingimages Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 6

The freezer trick usually works well with KK icing sheets. Keep in mind that icing sheets can act differently in different environments. We actually sell three different brands because of this. Our house brand is very similar to the KK brand, it is thin and reacts the same way. We also sell Lucks which is the same as the edible images sold in stores, we also sell our Premium brand which is the most popular for several reasons. First it has the largest printable area by about an inch in each direction. It also is the most flexable and remains flexable longer so you do not have to worry about having to move quickly. I hope this is helpful.

tiggy2 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 6

I switched from kopykake and other brands to icingimages premium brand and will never use anything else. They are a dream to work with. Very flexible and the backing peels right off. I also use them with an electronic cutter and may never use gumpaste or fondant again.

Abacoboy21 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:01am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all so much! Maybe now I can consider changing products!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%