Mmf And Airbrushing?

Decorating By Jacscakes213 Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 5:00pm by faithc24

Jacscakes213 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 7:31am
post #1 of 5

getting ready to make my sons bday cake this week and before I get started just want to seek out a little advice.... I remember reading somewhere that airbrushing and MMF were not a good combination but regular Fondant is ok...

Please clarify.....is it not a good idea to airbrush on MMF?
Thank in advance

4 replies
andreamen1 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 8:16am
post #2 of 5

I do it all the time take a look at my pics.

Jacscakes213 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks So mUch!! It doesn't run or absorb too much.. Do you have to use more coats than normal

JenFailla Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure how many coats are "normal" since I've only used MMF, but I've found that if I keep my gun at a little bit of a distance, it coats nicely and doesn't need too much drying time in between if you just put on light layers... too much or too close temps to bead up on me. I achieved a deep red with my duff airbrush and kopykake airbrush coloring in two coats. Good luck!

faithc24 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 5

I don't airbrush much but I did my guitar and phone using black airbrush, worked great! I just kept my distance and did light layers, by the time I made my first layer of color all around I could go back to the "starting place" and work on my next layer. Wanna say black on white was 3-5 layers of color. (I mix my gel color with lemon extract or alcohol because I never have airbrush colors.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%