Soooo Happy My French/parisian Macaron Was A Success :)

Baking By fondantgrl Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 11:21pm by QTCakes1

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 4:32am
post #1 of 10

I made these today.. Now that I know how to make it, I will be making more of it:

9 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 4:34am
post #2 of 10

Those are just gorgeous and I'm so happy your foray into macaroon making was a success, especially since I've had it in the back of my mind to try my hand at them, too. Only I assumed that the first time around would be a dismal failure. You've given me hope that that won't be the case!

fondantgrl Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 6:00am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Those are just gorgeous and I'm so happy your foray into macaroon making was a success, especially since I've had it in the back of my mind to try my hand at them, too. Only I assumed that the first time around would be a dismal failure. You've given me hope that that won't be the case!

The best way to do it was the Italian Meringue methed.. please try it.. if it fails, do it again..

Marianna46 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 6:08am
post #4 of 10

Uh oh! What's the Italian Meringue method? I'm back to doubting my abilities again!

fondantgrl Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 6:40am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Uh oh! What's the Italian Meringue method? I'm back to doubting my abilities again!

It has been proven that this method is a lot more friendly esp. to first timers (like myself)... it is not very difficult. First make the Italian meringue where you boil water and sugar to 235 Fahrenheit... whip the eggg whites while you are boiling the syrup, then add the very hot syrup slowly to the egg whites while the mixer is going fast (be careful sinc the syrup is very hot).. until the egg whites is very stiff and very white Now you have Italian meringue. This method cooks the egg whites therefore no chance of deflating. Then after this is when yu add your Almond flour and confectioners mixture. Fold the Almond flour mixture into the Italian meringue. Now you are ready to pipe circles. Let it sit for about 15 mins, then bake at 280 degrees for about 15 minutes. If you see feet, then you are sucessful..

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 7:52am
post #6 of 10

yuuuuuuummmm i loooove macaroons will have to ry it out one day

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 8:52am
post #7 of 10

You did a magnificent job!

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:09am
post #8 of 10

i can not wait to try this thanks

Marianna46 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 10:47pm
post #9 of 10

You've restored my faith, fondantgrl! I can't wait to try these!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:21pm
post #10 of 10

They came out beautiful! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%