First Day Of Grade 1!

Decorating By SweetSuzieQ Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 3:55pm by SweetSuzieQ

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter is starting Grade 1 on Tuesday and, I was thinking of doing a little treat to send with her for the class but, seem stuck for ideas. My original thought was to do mini cupcakes but, would love to do something a little more creative. I'm open to any treat suggestions...it just has to be nut free! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:14am
post #2 of 7

Well, I personally think cupcakes are the way to go when sending things to school (and I send them to my granddaughter's class several times a year). I'd say if you want to do something a little different to make a cupcake cake. That way you could work all your cupcakes into a single design but still have the advantage of individual, paper-wrapped treats that cupcakes give.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 7

I like the idea of school buses- they are cute. Cookies travel well too- you could do school bus cookies. There are a lot of great ones on here!

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 7

I like doing brownies because I can make them nut and egg free!! You could do brownies, cut them with a school buss cookie cutter, or school house shaped, and decorate them with BC!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

Mini cupcakes- that way the little ones who really enjoy cake get two or even three and the picky eaters don't have as much cake thrown away. You could lay the cupcakes out on a board like a school bus. be sure to send moist towelettes to clean messy fingers and faces.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 7
SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks ladies! I ended up going with mini cupcakes. Sydney (my daughter) wanted vanilla icing and sprinkles so, I didn't have a choice! Hahah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%