Please Help Me Find A Picture Of This Cake.

Decorating By Little1 Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 1:04pm by kristanashley

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:53am
post #31 of 70

I have tried some of the same keywords as all4cake and had to stop. I was getting madder and madder!

Any luck ANYONE??? I keep hoping the poster of the cake has been away and now that the holiday weekend is over they're back and will pop up and say hey, that's my picture! Here it is!

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:57am
post #32 of 70

I have looked pretty extensively too and haven't been able to find anything. I'm starting to think it has been deleted for whatever reason. icon_sad.gif

Little1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Little1 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:18am
post #33 of 70

I look for this cake every spare minute I get. It's making me crazy. I am ready to just give up looking for it. I hope MyDiwa is right!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:21am
post #34 of 70

I am now so incredibly curious about this cake!

OP, if you can recall, were the letters primary colors, muted colors, pastels? Were the letters grouped together to form words or did they have more of a random, scattered look to them? Is there anything else about that picture you can recall? Location of cake? was there anything around the cake, on the table? Anything else...anything?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:25am
post #35 of 70

I went through all my saved photos and I haven't seen anything like this. A little note: I save every Most Saved cake out there while I'm awake...lol...there's almost none that I miss. While I'm asleep, a friend in NZ usually sends me links of the most saved and I have most of them really. I'm not sure while I'm collecting them, other than because they're beautiful.

I not only save them on CC, but also to a folder. And I don't have anything like what the OP thinks she's seen. Maybe she saw it somewhere else? Perhaps flickr?

ashya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashya Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:36am
post #36 of 70

not sure if this is what you are looking for but search jaklotz1 cakes.

all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:49am
post #37 of 70

round
white fondant covered
3 or 4 tier
really clean
5 or 6 different colors were used
there were words that can't be recalled on it
uploaded within the last 2 months

You're right, OP, it shouldn't be this difficult to find.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:50am
post #38 of 70

I spent the better part of the day yesterday searching, it was that or ironing. I searched every gallery known as far back a June and came up empty handed. I even Google searched it and still nothing. It's driving me crazy---crazier. I will not be defeated by this...

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:51am
post #39 of 70

Little1, I have tried searches for cakes by bmac and came up with tons of cakes. Now I know that bmac did not do all those cakes. you may not find the cake you are looking for, but start rethinking things. What kind of colors do you want to use? What words do you want to put on the cake? I would suggest using your grandmother's favorite colors and those that are complimentary to those colors, think of wonderful descriptive things that you can say about your grandmother. buy some tappits, the fun ones or funky ones or whatever they are called and just create your own cake. I found a really nice one layer cake, but I know it is not the one that you were looking for, but if you take a cake that is similiar or more than one cake that has attributes you like print them out in color and sit down and sketch out a cake that you would like to do. The more you look and the more you are thinking that you have to find this cake the more frustrated you are going to be. Why not just make a cake with the ideas in your mind of what you do remember and make it your original? Here is one cake that I found that I thought was attractive and an idea that you could base your cake on? http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1228468. Blessings will be yours if you are doing the cake to bless your grandma and make her happy. She would not like to think that it was nothing but frustration because you did not find the cake you wanted to make for her. You will also enjoy it more if you give yourself adequate time to make a nice cake and decorate it in your own design based on what you remember. I have done things like that before and could kick myself for not having saved the cake I liked., but I step back and remember why I am doing the cake that I am doing. It helps me get my perspective back on the situation. try this out and see if it helps you.

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:30pm
post #40 of 70

Hi Little1 & Everyone,

I honestly think this cake has been deleted! icon_sad.gif

I have searched The Birthday Cakes gallery, up to may (470 pages)

I have searched the childrens bday cake gallery up to june (250 pages)

I have searched half the La Quinceanera gallery

I have searched half the over the hill gallery

and searched the round wedding cake gallery back to may...........

and I've done various searches for "words" "letters" "3 tier cake with words" "multicoloured words" "rainbow words"

*Sigh* I think its got us beat! icon_cry.gif

Little1 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:00pm
post #41 of 70

All4Cake - the letters were light colors, but not quite pastels. I think light blue, yellow, maybe pink, orange and green. They formed words all over the cake, the tops and sides. The cake itself was white. That's all I can remember. I can't remember what the words said.
And, no, it shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Ashya - Nope, not Jaklotz1's cake. But thanks....

Jules5000 - Thanks for all your advice... which is actually the route I am planning. That cake was my inspiration, but I'm not trying to copy it exactly. I don't even plan on doing the multiple colors. The reason I set out to find the cake is to see the placement of the words. How she made so much fit so perfectly and beautifully on the cake. Every other cake I find with the tappits only has 1 row of words across it. This was was just done so wonderfully.

JamandButtercream - Thank you, thank you and thank you again for all of your time.

**I know I didn't imagine or dream up this cake. I'm so sure of it because it was the first time I noticed how beautiful the lettering of the tappits comes out. I clearly remember the poster of the cake answered a question in the comments section about how she did the letters and that was where I discovered tappits. It is, however possible that I saw it on another site?????? But I spend SOOO much time on this site!!!**

I just have to say THANK YOU again. I spent a ton of time lurking in these boards, but never posting much. I search when I need information and find what I am looking for. But posting this has made me realize how many amazing people are out there. To give up your time helping a stranger find a cake... that doesn't seem to exist! So, you are all SOOOOO WONDERFUL, and I can't thank you enough!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:19pm
post #42 of 70

Hi Little1

Its ok, I'm sorry we didn't find it! icon_sad.gif

Its weird on this because you don't feel as if the people on here are strangers, you feel as if you know everyone, but you wouldn't know if you passed them in the street! icon_lol.gif

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 1:35pm
post #43 of 70

Little1, I know what you mean and you are welcome. I am sure that this cake will be fantastic and we all look forward to seeing pictures of it when you get it done. Even one with your grandma should be allowed on the forum even if not in the galleries? Well it's an idea anyway. God bless.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm
post #44 of 70

I searched the archives on Cake Wrecks (for Sunday Sweets) all the way back to April. You didn't see it there....

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:48pm
post #45 of 70

The search continues....If I see it anywhere I'll let you know.

all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:00pm
post #46 of 70

I will say, through searching for this one, I have seen a crazy number of cakes I've not seen before aaaaaaaaand at least one that another CCer was looking for a couple of weeks ago although, by the time I got to the thread to share my find, it'd already been found...but, still... this ain't such a bad thing.

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:02pm
post #47 of 70

I really wish someone would find the picture!!! Geez, it's funny how something like this will make you crazy...and I'm not even the one wanting the picture (well, now I WANT to see it!) icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:02pm
post #48 of 70

lol...the obsessive compulsives (me included) will keep on looking past the birthday!

Little1, when is the birthday?

SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:10pm
post #49 of 70
SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:11pm
post #50 of 70

jaklotz1 has a couple of cakes along those lines.

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 3:35pm
post #51 of 70

SadEyes, she already went through jaklotz1 cakes.

Specifications:

3 or 4 tier
round
white fondant covered
really clean
5 or 6 different colors were used
there were words that can't be recalled on it
uploaded within the last 2 months

all4cake Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 4:03pm
post #52 of 70

I know. I know. This ain't the one but, goodness gracious at all the wording and and and and...

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 5:03pm
post #53 of 70

It wasn't this one was it?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2012018

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 5:06pm
post #54 of 70

It wasn't this one was it?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2012018

Little1 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:53pm
post #55 of 70

Imagenthatnj - the party's not till the end of December... I have some time.

Sadeyes, Nope, not it.... but Thanks!

All4Cake - So funny, I actually saved that cake in my search for the other one! It's beautiful! I'm just so frustrated that I can't find this one.

Stormrider, nope, but thanks!

Every time someone posts a link to a cake, I get my hopes up that maybe it'll be one! But trust me, if you find it, you will know it! Maybe I did see it on another site?????

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:57pm
post #56 of 70

What other sites you frequent? lol. I check out flickr a lot, and so does my friend in NZ. I'm going to have to enlist the international team on this. She checks while I'm asleep, and I check when she's asleep. OK...I'll write it down, December.

JamAndButtercream Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 7:09pm
post #57 of 70

Hi Little1

wow december, we have more time than I thought, I looked on flickr earlier on, did some searches, but nothing,

also on google, yahoo and bing.

Maybe we should put up a wanted sign! icon_biggrin.gif
Describe it and say is this your cake???

Actual I might well do that! check the general forum in a few minutes! icon_smile.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 7:25pm
post #58 of 70

Little1,
I have just put up a wanted poster in the general section! icon_biggrin.gif

This is the link!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-729658-.html

I wonder if we get any replies!

mumof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumof3 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 7:28pm
post #59 of 70

Ok, I haven't found anything.... I actually wouldn't know what to look for......but....... WOW!!! I am so impressed!

You guys all deserve a big round of applause for being so helpful.

Little1 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 8:57pm
post #60 of 70

I spend some time on Cakes We Bake, but I can't seem to figure out their search options. And I REALLY think I saw it here! Honestly, I feel like I imagined the whole thing!!! It's SO crazy!!! It was such a unique and distinct cake. How could it be this hard to find?????

The funny thing is, I can make this cake without seeing the picture again, I know I can. But I REALLY want to see it again! And it's driving me crazy that I can't find it! It gave me such inspiration for my grandmother's cake to do something so nice for her cake, that it will probably make her cry.

Here's what's even more ironic... I'm taking the Wilton Master Course this month, and hopefully will be able to pipe words so cleanly that I won't need the tappits after the class! But I STILL want to find this cake!

Yep, we have some time! The party is Dec 31st. We've been planning it since May. She's an amazing woman and deserves and amazing party. And an amazing cake. icon_biggrin.gif

You guys are all SO amazing for helping me! I seriously can't thank you enough!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%