Talk About Pressure!!

Baking By JohnnyCakes1966 Updated 3 Sep 2011 , 6:06pm by Apti

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 6

A few months ago, I baked some Dark 'n' Stormy cupcakes for a charity event and got a call this week from a man who attended. He LOVED them and wanted me to bake some for his birthday this weekend. He and his wife came this morning to pick them up and the wife said, "He's raved about these cupcakes for 6 months!" Then the husband said, "My wife fancies herself a baker and has tried a few times to recreate them..." and the wife breaks in..."but he said mine aren't as REFINED as yours!" icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif OK, now you KNOW this woman isn't going to like my cupcakes, even if they're the best things she's ever put in her mouth!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

5 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 6

WOW! icon_eek.gif He put his foot in it saying that didnt he?!? icon_lol.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 6

OUCH!!! I guess your cupcakes are good enough to recive the harsh cold shoulder from his wife for a while icon_lol.gif Sometimes, a good yummy cupcake is worth the sacrifice!! LOL

Mammadukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mammadukes Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 6

Wow he sure did say the wrong thing there and put his foot in his mouth as JamAndButtercream said I hope he likes sleeping on the sofa oh wait I forgot men like sleeping on the sofa it's like camping to them lol

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 6

Well you know it has been my experience that a lot of people "fancy" themselves as bakers, but the proof is in the cake so to speak. Or cupcake in this instance. I just wonder if she "fancies" herself a baker, but she really isn't all that good. Would you consider sharing the recipe, so we can all give them a try. Or is it one of those cases where you can tell us, but then you would have to kill us. LOL.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 6

Oh, you guys are funnnnny!

Years ago I worked in a VA Hospital and one of the doctor's wives was always bringing in all sorts of baked goodies for the staff. Thankfully, it was a teaching hospital with interns/residents/fellows who will eat anything to sustain 24-30 hour days, because this darling woman who "fancied" herself a baker was the worst cook in the universe. Bar None.

30 years later I still remember having to go, "Oh Boy! Yummy stuff again. Let me have a piece." Then actually having to eat it with a smile.........

Congratulations, JohnnyCakes1966, on giving this guy something to dream about--YOUR cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%