Insurance

Business By SnLSweetEscapes Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 3:26am by yummy_in_my_tummy

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 4

What kind of insurance does everyone have and do you recommend a specific company? Thanks!

3 replies
KuyaRomeo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KuyaRomeo Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:52am
post #2 of 4

Hi

Like you, I have been shopping around. I started with Liberty Mutual, as they provide my home ins. They told me they do not offer commercial insurance, but offered up a recommended agent . . . which I immediately called.

I will be working out of home, under Home Food Processor Exemption. Wholesaling baked goods.

The agent, found me 2 million dollar policy, for $420 year. I felt that was much better than I could have hoped for.

I see you are in NY . . .so pm me and I will give you the contact and number. Yours may be higher (not sure), as you are a full licensed retail home bakery.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:06am
post #3 of 4

I use State Farm for product liability and to cover my equipment. We have our vehicles commercially covered and our homeowners covers a business in the home (you must alert your agent or they can deny a claim on vehicles/home).

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:26am
post #4 of 4

I live in CA and I use The Hartford. My premium is $425.

I'm also an insurance agent and can tell you this... it's VERY hard to compare other peoples insurance policies by just their premium. One of the biggest rating factors in determining your premium is your gross receipts (how much you estimate you will bring in during the year). I have low gross receipts, so my premium is low. However, someone like Buddy Valastro has HUGE gross receipts and his insurance premium is (I'm sure) astronomical.

I would recommend going to an Independent Insurance agent. They are appointed with several different insurance companies and can shop the rate for you. Unlike a direct carrier, who only has one product to offer you icon_smile.gif

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%