Drizzling...and Pourable Ganache/cake Pops

Baking By DallasTexas Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 6:28am by DallasTexas

DallasTexas Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 7:31am
post #1 of 3

What am I doing wrong?? I've made some "cake" cake pops with just cake in my BabyCakes Cake Pop Maker (so easy, so cute!) and covered them with melted chocolate bark.

I "tried" to drizzle them with melted white chocolate bark, but ended up with white chocolate "streaks" all over my wax paper, and very little on the cake pop itself. I melted it in a small glass bowl, and used the tines of a fork to try to make the drizzle by holding the cake pop by its stick in one hand, and dipping the tines in the white chocolate and then moving my fork-hand back and forth quickly. Yeah, the wax paper got to be real pretty. The cake pops...not so much.

The white chocolate was melty, but it just wasn't working! I heated it up a bit more so it would be really melty, but then when it landed on the chocolate covered cake pop, the white chocolate drizzle started to melt the chocolate underneath it!

Is there a better, easier, more consistent way to get the pretty and thin random-type drizzle on the cake pops?

My second question... has anyone ever used pourable ganache over their cake pops? If so, how has that worked out? Do they need to be refrigerated?

Thanks, everyone!!!

2 replies
DallasTexas Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:33am
post #2 of 3

Okaaay, perhaps the problem was my method.

My next attempt will use a small ziploc baggie, and I'll put some melted white chocolate inside, seal it, and then cut off a teeny tiny corner of it and drizzle that way.

Next thing to look up on line is pourable ganache for cake pops!

Ohhhh, the mistakes are delicious, yes?

DallasTexas Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:28am
post #3 of 3

Another update in case it helps someone...

The snipping off a small corner of a ziploc baggie that has melted chocolate in it is the way to go. You can adjust the size of the drizzle by the size you cut the opening.

The ganache looks excellent! Pretty, smooth, shiny, but it would be limited in its application. I couldn't put the cake pops in individual serving bags because the ganache is, well, ganache. It would be best put in some kind of cake pop stand where the cake balls wouldn't touch one another. Transporting these might also be difficult.

Dipping cake pops in chocolate that hardens is the way to go. I have not experimented with using a glaze over the cake pops, so that might be another option to try in the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%