How Can I Make This Purple >

Decorating By jem2131 Updated 12 Sep 2011 , 1:55am by jules5000

jem2131 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 2:31am
post #1 of 12

Hello all i was just wondering you guys had any idea on how i can achieve this purple color ? thanks

11 replies
carmijok Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 12

I did a purple ball cap and I used a mix of Americolor's purple with a touch of violet. You can see it in my photos.

jem2131 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 3:00am
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

I did a purple ball cap and I used a mix of Americolor's purple with a touch of violet. You can see it in my photos.

thank you soo much hun.. i do have americolor purple. as for the violet, did you use the same brand or wilton ?

jem2131 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 3:03am
post #4 of 12

one more questions.. what size pans did you use to achieve the shape ? i was planning to use a 6 inch and a half a ball pan from wilton

sweettreat101 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 5:59am
post #5 of 12

I used Regal Purple by AmeriColor.

carmijok Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem2131

one more questions.. what size pans did you use to achieve the shape ? i was planning to use a 6 inch and a half a ball pan from wilton

I answered this yesterday and it's not showing up! Oh well. I actually used a stainless steel bowl and a 6" round. I used the cake trimmings to make a mound of cake to round off the top of the bowl. I've used that bowl for a teapot cake, soccer ball cake, Barbie dress, and a pottery bowl cake! It's the perfect size for about a 10-12 serving cake. Beats having to buy a new pan!

If you only have Wilton's violet, use it. You don't need that much and it will work fine.

jem2131 Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 12

just wanted to say thank you guys for helping me get the exact color i needed to make this hat !! the colors were perfect.. only thing is that the edible image ended up printing up darker icon_sad.gif this was my first time using edible imaging and i had no idea the color can change ( as per what the lady told me at the bakery where i got the edible image done).. but again thanks guys.. icon_smile.gif!!!!

carmijok Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 12

Great job! It looks really good. It's after the fact, but the next time you get an image like that, just cut out as much of the background as you can, getting as close to the actual image as possible. The darker background wouldn't have been as noticeable. Just an FYI for next time!
But you did a super job on this regardless! Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

jem2131 Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:

Great job! It looks really good. It's after the fact, but the next time you get an image like that, just cut out as much of the background as you can, getting as close to the actual image as possible. The darker background wouldn't have been as noticeable. Just an FYI for next time!

thank you soo much for the tip.. i was actually thinking of cutting closer but i was soo scared i would break the edible image since its soo delicate !!! do you have any tip on how to successfully peel the image off without damaging it ?

carmijok Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 11:23pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem2131

Quote:

thank you soo much for the tip.. i was actually thinking of cutting closer but i was soo scared i would break the edible image since its soo delicate !!! do you have any tip on how to successfully peel the image off without damaging it ?

You mean peel the image off the cake? No way would I do that now if that's what you mean! But before you put it on, you could use an exacto to cut around it.

sweettreat101 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 1:47am
post #11 of 12

Place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes it makes it easier to peel.

jules5000 Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 1:55am
post #12 of 12

You did a really nice job. Great color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%