How To Make Mickey Mouse?

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 2:46am by kittiboo

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 1:06am
post #1 of 6

I'm planning a Mickey Mouse cake for my son. I'm undecided whether I'm going to just make the ears for the top of the cake, or use fondant to make a little Mickey. Does anyone have any tips, info, on how to make this?
Thanks!

5 replies
bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 6

If you were doing the ears, I would use gumpaste and do it as far in advance as possible to give it lots of dry time. If you decide to sculpt, I like to use MMF with Tylose powder mixed in. HTH

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 6

I made some mickey and friends figures from modeling chocolate a few months ago. I used a tutorial book that is for polymer clay, it really helped a bunch. It was free to download, here's the link:

http://www.4shared.com/document/mTd6iFRS/Disney_Character_Collection_Po.html

icon_biggrin.gif

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 6

I have done a couple of the mickey mouse clubhouse and used my small half ball pan to make the head then covered it with MMF. The ears I did a few days before in gumpaste. The key to the ears was making sure they had enough time to dry and harden. Good luck

Here is the one I did;
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1978380

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much Leafo!

This is why I love cake central all the sharing and support..from fellow Cakers..I will totally frequent the website you shared. Happy caking everyone icon_smile.gif

kittiboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kittiboo Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:46am
post #6 of 6

May not be what you had in mind, but I've done Mickey and Toodles (shhh, don't tell Disney!) with a 10 in. round for his face and 2 6 in. rounds for his ears. The sizes are just about perfect in proportion, and it was really easy! I took my pics down for fear of the Disney police... tapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%