Trouble Understanding Part Of This Recipe

Lounge By StormyHaze Updated 2 Sep 2011 , 9:49pm by StormyHaze

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all! I was blog browsing like i usually do, when i came across this one:

http://aeroflotreh.blogspot.com/2011/04/nut-filled-coffee-cake-homemade-almond.html#more

The part i don't understand comes after the picture of the almond meal being sprinkled across the dough. I dont understand how they got the final product shape?

I think there is a bit of information i am just not getting.

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 3

Would have been nice if that step had pictures, huh? A little proofreading wouldn't have hurt either. icon_smile.gif

The dough was rolled jelly-roll style into a log, then sealed, probably with a little water.

The log was formed into a circle - again, sealing the dough, where the ends meet, with a little water.

Slits were cut every couple of inches with a pair of scissors.

If you allow your roll to rise in a round pan with sides (like a cake pan), you need not worry about the circle coming apart. Make sure your pan is big enough for the roll to rise properly.

Hope this helps!

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Would have been nice if that step had pictures, huh? A little proofreading wouldn't have hurt either. icon_smile.gif

The dough was rolled jelly-roll style into a log, then sealed, probably with a little water.

The log was formed into a circle - again, sealing the dough, where the ends meet, with a little water.

Slits were cut every couple of inches with a pair of scissors.

If you allow your roll to rise in a round pan with sides (like a cake pan), you need not worry about the circle coming apart. Make sure your pan is big enough for the roll to rise properly.

Hope this helps!

That completely answered my question, thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%