Cover Every Cake Board?

Decorating By ajwonka Updated 17 Jan 2013 , 3:27am by BCWishes

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:52am
post #31 of 36

I cover all boards with fondant. Usually I decorate it too with little fondant flowers or stars or something to coordinate with the cake. I use the nice foil covered drums from the UK and I still cover them. I hate seeing the foil. It ruins beautiful cakes for me.

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 11:36am
post #32 of 36

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but is there a place that sells the foil cake drums at a reasonable price? I cut my own boards and cover them with fancy foil then cover them with fondant. Then I also imprint shapes on the fondant board to give them that little extra.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #33 of 36

If you are covering them in fondant you don't have to use the fancy foil. For smash cakes I glue three 8" round cake boards together and cover it in fondant with no foil. THen just glue the ribbon to the rough edge and you'd never know it wasn't an expensive drum. I'll do that for smaller cakes too, but wedding cakes and big birthdays get the real drum. I get mine locally... not sure where to get them on line.

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 12:14am
post #34 of 36

Many times I have thought about not covering the foamboard with the fancy foil. Especially because the cake is already on a cake board. Thanks!!

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 11:30pm
post #35 of 36

Here's a link that helped me with the contact paper issue: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-670650.html

BCWishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCWishes Posted 17 Jan 2013 , 3:27am
post #36 of 36

A

Original message sent by scp1127

I search for great wrapping papers that coordinate with the cake and then cover with food safe plastic. Under 12 inches, I buy scrapbook paper.

Love the scrapbook paper idea!!! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%