Creepy Whole-Body Alien Cake

Decorating By lmhw24 Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm by misroxy73

lmhw24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmhw24 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 10

My son turns 9 on Sept. 25 and has decided that I can make ANYTHING! LoL Well, he wants a "real-life" looking Alien cake. I have seen really great ones on here, I just have no idea where to start on making one. I think making an autopsy cake w/green slime or something for it's "blood" would be pretty cool. I was thinking of making it with red velvet, but I am also considering using blue velvet? ANY help/ideas/suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

9 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 10

Hi,
How "real" does he want the cake to be? Gross out real?
You could make an alien, of your colour choice laying down, the main cake could be the body piece and the head, and limbs could be RKT or more cake, this one looks so cool!
http://izreloaded.blogspot.com/2009/06/alien-autopsy-birthday-cake.html

The blue velvet cake would be so cool and interesting when cut into, the alien itself could be fairly simple, like in the picture above, and then you could go OTT on the "organs" blue, black or green blood everywhere, and you could put piping gel in the opening of the alien for it to be extra gross looking, the organs could be made all seperate and a variety of colours, covered in piping gel, you could even have some organs, like the intestines hanging out!!!!!!! I have to stop now I'm grossing myself out too much! icon_lol.gif
I wish I was making a cake like this!
Hope this helps! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 10

ooouuuuu I agree with JamAndButtercream this would be a fun cake to make!! I went into the grocery store the other day and they already had their Halloween candy out (a little early perhaps!??) and they had all those creepy spider gummies, worms, teeth, chocolate eyeballs, etc... I'm not sure if you local stores have come out with their Halloween candy yet but it would sure be fun using some of that! I picture a bunch of gross worms, intestines, maybe even a piece of half eaten food coming out of his stomach. I would go for the blue velvet cake too, that will be so cool when he cuts into it. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif Please post a picture of the cake when you're done!

lmhw24 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 10

[img]Thank y'all so much! I am very eager to make this cake! Great ideas! I will def. Post a pic!
[/img]

lmhw24 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 10

I just don't know how to make the alien? icon_cry.gif

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 10

Hi,
Ok, if you make the alien like the white one in the link I posted above, You could use a round cake for his body, shave it down a bit each side so it looks oval, a cut a big hole in the middle, so this is where the guts and gross stuff is going to be.
Next the head, a round cake, smaller than the body, cut it into a "pear" shape so the chin is the thiner bit of the pear shape. The limbs could be rice krispie treats, or if you wanted all cake, you could use thin cut strips of cake or sponge roll cakes. Decorate as you wish, dirty ice with buttercream, fondant colour of your choice, fondant details, like eyes, mouth, fingers, toes etc. and fill the hole in the chest with the lovely guts ideas we came up with!

Hope this helps, good luck! icon_smile.gif

lmhw24 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:48am
post #7 of 10

Thanks again!! Great advice! I don't like cake, so that is the one thing I have ever tried to "play" with or master. icon_sad.gif I went and looked at items for it today, I am so excited/nervous to bake this! His party is not until the 25th, so I have a bit to "master" the density, flavor and trimming of the cake before I make the final one. Thank you again!

lmhw24 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 10

I just don't know how to make the alien? icon_cry.gif

lmhw24 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks again!! Great advice! I don't like cake, so that is the one thing I have ever tried to "play" with or master. icon_sad.gif I went and looked at items for it today, I am so excited/nervous to bake this! His party is not until the 25th, so I have a bit to "master" the density, flavor and trimming of the cake before I make the final one. Thank you again!

misroxy73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misroxy73 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 10

you could use shaped jello jigglers for the gross stuff, I do all the time!! Piping gel is great but it stains so much, I use "thicker" jello & jigglers. you can alter the reciper for color, taste, transparency... Just a thought.
Misty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%