Im Getting Married!!!! Need Cake Ideas

Decorating By lschmitz05 Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 7:21pm by pj22

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 9

I am getting MARRIED! And I could not be happier! I am looking for some unique cake ideas! My future mother in law makes cakes as well and so she is going to be making our cake... I think it would be way to much stress to make my own. But I want something simple but unique and my fiance doesn't want to serve sheet cakes. So looking for any creative ideas!

Thanks

8 replies
Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 9

Congratulations! How exciting! When you say unique, what is your style?

Wedding Colors?
Wedding Invitation Picked Out?
Dress Picked Out?
Location of Wedding?

These are some good starting points to think about as they can influence the colors style of the cake.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 9

Congratulations! That's awesome. And even more exciting that your MIL can do the cake. People who did it themselves amaze me. I knew I couldn't do that so we did a big dessert table instead of a big cake. I am with Jackie...DETAILS!!!!!

In addition to Jackie's question, any private jokes, special moments or locations you could play off oficon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 9

Congratulations!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 9

Congratulations! It's so great that your MIL can do the cake for you both. I wish you and your new family to be many happy years together.

courtney3910 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney3910 Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 5:13am
post #6 of 9

Depending on how formal you want your cake to be you could make cake pops? I saw a fantastic photo of a cake made with cake pops down the bottom stuck into the stand and then a sheet cake on the top. All done in the theme colours for the wedding. Also square cup cakes look really good too icon_smile.gif

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 6:02am
post #7 of 9

Awww Congrats... Think of all you favorits things in life maybe u can get a idea that way

MommieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommieK Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 2:46am
post #8 of 9

Congratulations! That's amazing. My mother made my cake and it was so beautiful. It adds a nice touch when you look back at photos to know it was made by a loved one.

Now for the cake, the best way I brainstorm for cake ideas is to start with a word and write down everything that comes to mind for 30 seconds, without stopping. Lots of it will sound silly but you may just come up with something that you really love. Example: Cake
delicious, decadent, fabulous, outrageous, over-the-top, extravagant, wonderful, blue, pink, yellow, water, lake, enormous, awe-inspiring, handcrafted, design, intricate, well thought out, imagination.

So if I were going to plan a cake for myself, it would probably be something big, detailed, over-the-top with bright colors. My husband likes the more simple style but not me. Give it a shot, you just might come up with something that you like. And if all else fails, just start with the colors and search the galleries. You can find everything you could possibly want on this site, just as the disclaimer says, highly addictive icon_smile.gif Congrats again...

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 9

Congratulations!! Since cake pops/cake balls are a trend nowadays... how about a cake ball cake for something unique and different? I think I saw some gorgeous ones by Auntie Ra Ra.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%