Getting Started

Baking By cupcakester Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 10:18am by Lemmers

cupcakester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakester Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 3

I AM NEW TO THE CUPCAKE WORLD I HAVE BAKED BEFORE FOR FAMILY FRIENDS AND LOCAL EVENTS BUT I WANT OT GO FURTHER. I HAVE USED CAKE MIX ALL THE TIME BUT WAS WONDERING ABOUT DOING THIS FROM SCRATCH AND THE RATIO AND INGREDIENTS NEEDED THERE ARE NO PASTRY SCHOOLS IN MY AREA SO WHAT I LEARN IS FROM YOUTUBE, BOOKS WEBSITES AND FAMILY. I AM GLAD TO HAVE JOINED THIS SITE AS I KNOW MANY OF YOU ARE EXPERTS PLEASE HELP IN HELPING ME TURN MY DREAM INTO A REALITY

2 replies
DallasTexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DallasTexas Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but in terms of netiquette and posting something, putting sentences in ALL CAPS IS LIKE YOU ARE SCREAMING. Most folks will use all caps to emphasize a word, and it really is more difficult to read something in all caps.

I know if you do a search for White Almond Sour Cream, you will find a most excellent recipe that uses boxed cake mix.

If you do a search for, say, cakes from scratch, you may come up with a few ideas if you want to get away from using box mixes. Those recipes will indicate the measurements of different ingredients, and with a bit of math, you can figure out the ratio of one ingredient to another.

HTH

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 10:18am
post #3 of 3

The best thing you can do is use the recipe search on here and select cupcakes (although a lot of the regular recipes can be turned into cupcakes- check comments!)

Also, just search "cupcake recipes" on a search engine and I suggest stick to the recipes that have been tried and rated by other users- less chance of a nasty cake then.

Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%