What To Use To Attach Hanging Beads To The Cake Board?

Decorating By stasia1985 Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 12:07am by stasia1985

stasia1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stasia1985 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:13am
post #1 of 9

Hi guys,
I'm making a 4 tier cake....3 of the tiers will be stacked one on top of the other and the 4th tier on pillars. I have seen a lot of cakes with beads hanging down off the cakeboard of top tier and I wanted to try it.
What is the best thing to use to attach the beads to the board?
I hope I made sense icon_cool.gif
Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:53am
post #2 of 9

I think you can use fishing wire. It is clear and thin.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 9

Hot glue.

stasia1985 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 9

thanks guys for you help!!!!

@mmdiez10 I'm not sure what you mean by using fishing wire. The beads that I'm using are already attached to a string....can you please explain how I would attach it to the board by using fishing wire? icon_smile.gif

@CWR41 sorry for my ignorance but is the hot glue strong enough to hold hanging beads? icon_redface.gif

JoanieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanieB Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 9

Hot glue will work, and yes it's strong enough. Good luck with your project, sounds like it will be very pretty.

stasia1985 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 9

thank you! I hope the cake will look the same as the cake that I see in my head!!! hehehe I really hope everything goes smoothly! icon_cool.gif

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 9

Amen to CWR. where would we be without a hot glue gun. I use a very small one that makes a very small bead of glue. I've attached all sorts of stuff (ribbon, fabric roses, chandelier crystals, etc to the cake drum. I've even run a thin thread of hot glue along the edge of the top tier of the SPS that was elevated above the other tiers and attached a wide band of lace so the top tier looked like it was floating on lace that mimicked the cut work of the cake stand upon which the entire cake stood. Good luck and I hope you post your picture

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Amen to CWR. where would we be without a hot glue gun.

You can say that again! I don't know of anything stronger, except for maybe Liquid Nails or cement!

stasia1985 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:07am
post #9 of 9

thanks guys! It gives me a lot of confidence knowing that you have used hot glue gun and swear by it!! I hope it all goes well icon_biggrin.gif I will post picture when I'm finished. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%